Small van for me + kit??

Maxnaggle

I tend to be in agreement with Robert.S. I had a second hand van many, many years ago and I had to look far and hard for one in good order. If you are looking at the cheaper end of the spectrum beware that, unless you know the last owner, they have all been used hard and will often need more than simple cheap maintenance.

You'll get more car for the same money and if you look at two door variants can black-out the rear windows for security & privacy.

Do your research as some small diesel vans have non working & seized glow plug problems (Peugeot) that cost, in repairs, more than the vehicle is worth......You'll not know of the problem at this time of the year as it is warm now...

This looked interesting though;RENUALT KANGOO DISABLED ACCESS 1,5 DIESEL LOW MILES!!! | eBay

codlasher

As some of these guys are advising estates I'll throw his in the mix.

Older non turbo imoreza estates are available for between £500-1000 and there great. I'm on a second one after a write off, paid £500 for 84000 miler, gets nearly everywhere and would go better with mud tyres, plenty of back room for sleeping and racks for bikes on the back or roof.

Easy to work on and parts are plentiful new or second hand.

I fully recomend the berlingo, ive got the newer shaped multispace and love it. Had the original style berlingo and that was a good workhorse, and also had a citroen c15 diesel for 9 years and never let me down mechanicly, If want something original, if you look hard enough you could pick up a cheap c15 moterhome conversion, ideal for what you want.

Thanks for the replies ! Ended up spending most of today getting to southampton and back, managed to get my hands on a caddy sdi. fairly tidy condition, Years MOT, FSH, 118k. A bit of rust coming through on the rear arches but everything else looks nice. only cost 500 notes, will sit at 70 nicely! fuel gauge barely moved on the way home (my last car was a V6 golf so this is nice).

Going to get the cam belt changed, serviced and go from there. thanks for the replies guys

Is it a ' really economical, fuel gauge hasn't budged, sputter, pfff, babadadum, damn it's actually stuck.. I'm out of fuel' scenarios though...? 😉

Great vans, I'm looking to get caddy four motion, it's the four wheel drive system. Got driven around nursery in Germany whilst selecting some plants, had been raining and was ripped up and rutted. Handled very well on normal tyres.

love caddy vans, go on forever too