Chainsaw trousers - Stihl, Oregon or Husqvarna?

Taiga261

I cant climb with this hip. Mine are red, missus would not let buy blue ones. Not bad price, inc vat n del. It was a toss up between them and red sip. About as much as i could afford.

Yep the thing is we are all different shapes and sizes so what's suits and fits one mite not fit another.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm currently wearing Oregon Waipoua type As. Very light, and pretty tough. I'd recommend them.

I also have a pair of Arbotec Breatheflex, which are my favourite in terms if comfort and durability, though at the top end of your budget.

To be honest if you're not going to be wearing them 5 days a week the Oregon are a good buy, but if you can stretch to the Arbortec, you won't regret it. You only want to spend the money once in a couple of years, so why skimp?

Thanks all for replies.

Had a look through every post, and I appreciate all the responses but the Pfanner's and Arbourtech trousers are just too expensive. £150 really is the utmost limit for me.

Stihl dynamics appear somewhat cheap and seeing as I may be wearing these trousers regularly if I find work in what I want, perhaps I want something for more frequent use?

Engelbert Strauss look good and they're cheap but I think I'm gonna choose between the Oregon Waipoua's and of course the Sip's which a number of you have recommended. Cheers

Edited by Taiga261

• 7 months later...

Gonna resurrect this thread!

After all this discussion (which did indeed help me a lot), I decided to put getting chainsaw trousers on hold.....until now that is.....seeing as Christmas is around the corner!

After a lot of praise for the SIP's and of course talk of Engelbert Strauss, Pfanner and Arbortec.....not wanting to go overboard on price, it is now most certainly a run-off.

It is neck and neck between the SIP innovation II type A and Arbortec Breathflex type A.

I could get the SIP's for £144 from a local supplier, which is very good. Or opt with the Arbortec's which would be pricier at about £170.

Both have good reviews from you all.

Can anyone sway me in a certain direction before I make the final decision?

Im not a fan of arbortec breathfex,my crotch split,the belt loops at the front are too far apart- making a nice baggy area perfect for catching woodchips and the bit at the back where you would clip on braces is so stiff it rubs against your back when moving around.

I know a lot of people recommend arbortec breathflex and the do have some good qualities-very light,lets your legs breath and they look great,but just not what id recommend.

Everyone is different and so you'll never really know what trousers are perfect for you till you take a leap of faith and purchase a pair.

Stihl do an economy range which ive worn in the past and theyre pretty good,and at around 90quid not to be sniffed at.

My recommendation would be save your pennies and get pfanner gladiators...as ive said before on these pages theyre in a league of there own.If its great trousers you want that tick all the boxes then wait a while and get the gladiators.Theyre worth it