• Labour
    • Conservative
    • Green Party
    • Liberal Democrat
    • UKIP
    • SNP (Scottish National Party)
    • Plaid Cymru (Wales)
    • Not voting.

Not quite sure how you can say that, it was the most recent general election and one which resulted in our current govt. And when Sturgeon references Tories only having one MP it is results of that election she is referring too.

Edited by Wood wasp

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Voting UKIP will not protect you and your family from terrorism. If anything it is likely to exacerbate the problem. It is religious extremists that wish to hurt us, not immigrants. Warped religious idealism is a separate issue to immigration and there is no easy solution.

Closing our borders to people of alternate religions or countries would be akin to rejecting entry to all Norwegians in the fear that they are all Neo Nazis intent on the massacre of children on camping trips.

I agree open the floodgates let the lot in, we'll be okay they're nice people those Muslims, all that stuff in the koran about putting unbelievers to the sword and having sex with little girls is BS and even if it isn't we should tolerate it because we're politically correct these days.

You know what they did with collaborators like you in occupied Europe!

I agree open the floodgates let the lot in, we'll be okay they're nice people those Muslims, all that stuff in the koran about putting unbelievers to the sword and having sex with little girls is BS and even if it isn't we should tolerate it because we're politically correct these days.

You know what they did with collaborators like you in occupied Europe!

But the people you talk of in that paragraph are not true Muslims are they?????

But the people you talk of in that paragraph are not true Muslims are they?????

why don't you go to Syria and tell them that then?

I wish people would accept that a number of Muslims want to kill everyone that does not worship in the same way as them. It's absolute madness to let them into the country.

I've been reading this thread with some interest and now I feel it the time to post after watching these clowns, err sorry party leaders on the telly.

Now I live in County Durham and you could put Gary Glitter up for election as the Labour Party candidate and he would win in a landslide!!

!!

Agreed, that "contenders" debate was a pantomime!

Sturgeon is some operator though, pretty much out shouted the rest, if only shouting was a quality to be admired/desired in politics.

The Sturgeon, Wood, Bennett trio put me directly in mind of Mussolini, Scargill and Dougal (magic roundabout) with dopey on one side (coincidentally the Left from the viewing perspective) and dodgy on the right!

Heaven help us!

I'm not to hot on my politics but from watching some of the live debate all I could see was four people talking rubbish and farage seemed the only one talking sense and was sort of getting bullied childishly by the others!

I don't know where they found that audience but farage didn't get any applause after any points he made which I think is crazy as they were spot on.... If it was held with an audience of people like myself and so many others I know he would have brought the house down will applause.

The tories will poll as well or better in scotland than they did in 2010, SNP votes are coming from Labour and lib Dems. The unionist vote will still go to the conservatives. Sturgeon is staying to appeal to the labour vote with the anti tory rhetoric, I think there is a good chance that many NO voters will vote conservative as they are the least likely to further the independence cause.

Meanwhile Labour are bigging up the chances of a tory -UKIP coalition, but in reality UKIP may only win 2 or three seats, so its not really anything to worry about. If ukip were likely to win 40 odd seats like the SNP might then it would be a different matter.

A labour SNP coalition is a real prospect however.

I'm not to hot on my politics but from watching some of the live debate all I could see was four people talking rubbish and farage seemed the only one talking sense and was sort of getting bullied childishly by the others!

I don't know where they found that audience but farage didn't get any applause after any points he made which I think is crazy as they were spot on.... If it was held with an audience of people like myself and so many others I know he would have brought the house down will applause.

Good point... I'm not a UKIP supporter however he seemed to the only one making specific points and giving direct answers instead of the 'for the good of britain' wishy washy type statements.....

It'll be very interesting come election day to see what happens...!