• Labour
    • Conservative
    • Green Party
    • Liberal Democrat
    • UKIP
    • SNP (Scottish National Party)
    • Plaid Cymru (Wales)
    • Not voting.

The thing about this inequality thing is that the super rich skew the figures, they are set apart from the rest of us and the left never stop banging on about them, but their numbers are tiny. The real figures should be comparing a lawyer to a builder for example or a dentist to a tree surgeon, and on those figures I would say that equality is about the same as before.

We've tried ignoring the super rich, in return they trashed the global banking system. Now we have another 200 billion on the national debt thats been used to bail them out :thumbdown: You seem to be advocating a system of patrimoial capitalism, very regressive IMHO.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Private health care and private schools shouldn't exist. We should all be in it together and a meritocratic system should allow talent, skill and ability to prevail.
OK so we allow talent,skill and ability to prevail,and those people increase their income and become the very people you seem to revile!:001_rolleyes:

OK so we allow talent,skill and ability to prevail,and those people increase their income and become the very people you seem to revile!:001_rolleyes:

I don't have any problem with people becoming successful, thats good; if its through hard work, talent, skill and ability. The problem I have with our system is that we have a class of wealthy individuals who monopolise wealth and opportunity to the disadvantage of society as a whole, it isn't meritocratic. I particularly dislike the notion, that many of these people entertain, that they are entitled to positions of power and influence through a natural superiority. Cameron and Osbourne and the other Bullingdon boys fall into this category.

The companies stayed within the law. The law needs to change. How many folk here pay themselves a small wage and the rest as a dividend? Perfectly legal but a tax break none the less. Those companies are doing the same.

I agree. Along with many others on here I do exactly as you say, small salary and dividends. That obviously results in a tax liability. Some of these massive coroprations seem to be paying zero tax. I think it was Starbucks who paid nothing for five years? :thumbdown: I guess they can afford better acountants than I can.

I don't have any problem with people becoming successful, thats good; if its through hard work, talent, skill and ability. The problem I have with our system is that we have a class of wealthy individuals who monopolise wealth and opportunity to the disadvantage of society as a whole, it isn't meritocratic. I particularly dislike the notion, that many of these people entertain, that they are entitled to positions of power and influence through a natural superiority. Cameron and Osbourne and the other Bullingdon boys fall into this category.

Cameron and Osbourne have been elected to their "lofty" positions. There was no entitlement there. And don't you invest in the Banking System that you appear to dislike intensely? :sneaky2:

Cameron and Osbourne have been elected to their "lofty" positions. There was no entitlement there. And don't you invest in the Banking System that you appear to dislike intensely? :sneaky2:

In my opinion there was a 'sense' of entitlement., only my opinion. They weren't elected were they :confused1: I thought the Lib Dems put them there?

The companies stayed within the law. The law needs to change. How many folk here pay themselves a small wage and the rest as a dividend? Perfectly legal but a tax break none the less. Those companies are doing the same.

:thumbup1: