Does this apply to you?

Andy Collins

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought road signs were supposed to be put partly on the kerb?

nope road signs are meant for the road not the kerb according to the street works book the only signs permited on the pavement are foot path closed signs etc . the sign should be placed on the roadside with a cone on carrage way side of the sign . how many of you put out a safty cordon i:e a length of rope or barrier tape around the road cones to stop anyone entering the live carrage way ???

nope road signs are meant for the road not the kerb according to the street works book the only signs permited on the pavement are foot path closed signs etc . the sign should be placed on the roadside with a cone on carrage way side of the sign . how many of you put out a safty cordon i:e a length of rope or barrier tape around the road cones to stop anyone entering the live carrage way ???

:confused1:

Theres ALOT of companies out there doing it wrong then!

I think every company should have someone qualified and someone else with common sense, put the two together and it should cover every situation. One can keep the pen pushers happy and the other can get the job done. If you can get both in the same person then your doing well.

I'm fairly sure its only an offense to park facing the wrong way "after dark".

I think it is Dave and if you park on a road of 40mph or more you have to display marker (parking) lights.

Just one of thousands of "rules" that are overlooked, I think I'll join in and overlook some too :001_smile:

yeah i agree , there are alot of companys that dont feel it nessesary to qualify staff to do the job properly !!

Yep and I'm one of them :001_smile:

Looking back at all the stuff that I dont do but 'should' I can now freely admit to being a cowboy trader.

The only thing going for me is that I have competitive prices, dont bull the customer, perform a high standard of tree work to the spec that was asked and 99.9% of the time walk away from a very happy customer.

The rest, ah well what ya gonna do :001_smile:

dont get me wrong im not saying we should all follow the rule book to the letter ! we would never get any work done , think of it this way - would any of you take on a climber without his cs38,39?? would you be willing to let him do the job even though he is not certified knowing that if it goes wrong then the consequences are severe and could end your busines ?

im only putting the other side accros please do not think im a rule spouting jobsworth prat . i personally feel that there is far too much red tape in areas of this job too !!