which saw??

stihl fan

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too would say Husky 365

I would agree for speed and power. Certainly if you are cutting for a living then speed and longevity are very important. At work we do most of our cutting with a 365 and it gets the job done. However I have a 450e that I cut my firewood with and it is a pleasure to use compared to the 365. I know the 450 is not a pro saw but it starts easier and quicker, its smoother with around 1/2 the vibration, much lighter, nicer to handle. Maybe we have a bad 365 and I am sure that 95% on here will slate the 450 as not being fast enough, but it will run an 18inch bar and as I am cutting in my leisure time rather than work time, I prefer the smaller saw even if it takes me a bit longer. No doubt it won't last as long but pleasure rather than pain is how I would compare the two. This is just my take on cutting firewood as a homeowner, I make my living doing other things.

I would agree for speed and power. Certainly if you are cutting for a living then speed and longevity are very important. At work we do most of our cutting with a 365 and it gets the job done. However I have a 450e that I cut my firewood with and it is a pleasure to use compared to the 365. I know the 450 is not a pro saw but it starts easier and quicker, its smoother with around 1/2 the vibration, much lighter, nicer to handle. Maybe we have a bad 365 and I am sure that 95% on here will slate the 450 as not being fast enough, but it will run an 18inch bar and as I am cutting in my leisure time rather than work time, I prefer the smaller saw even if it takes me a bit longer. No doubt it won't last as long but pleasure rather than pain is how I would compare the two. This is just my take on cutting firewood as a homeowner, I make my living doing other things.

Hi,

I appreciate a smaller saw will get the job done & 450 is a good one but find the vibes very low on my 365 & certainly does cut well.

I think the OP is after something slightly larger than 50cc, maybe a 555 55cc if 365 too big, but its good value?

N

Hi,

I appreciate a smaller saw will get the job done & 450 is a good one but find the vibes very low on my 365 & certainly does cut well.

I think the OP is after something slightly larger than 50cc, maybe a 555 55cc if 365 too big, but its good value?

N

Hi NFG

I bought the 365 for work because it was good value for money for what we needed and I totally agree it cuts very well.

Hi OP My advice would be to handle or even better try as many of the saws that have been recommended as you can. Enjoy your saw hunting /using.

Hi NFG

I bought the 365 for work because it was good value for money for what we needed and I totally agree it cuts very well.

Agreed, cracking value

Hi OP My advice would be to handle or even better try as many of the saws that have been recommended as you can. Enjoy your saw hunting /using.

+1 from me, the Echo should be on the list, certainly looks good value.

N

Bang for buck the 365 is hard to beat , pro cases with a derated motor it should last for years , i also have a husky 570 again derated motor on 575xp bottom end , for firewood its hard to beat these saws