My accident

sean

Hi Sean, Hope you get out soon, I am sure your family will look after you to the best of their ability. If there is a good thing at least the weather should be better for you to get around. We are thinking of you and know you will soon be better, Laurie and Pauline

Wow, sorry to hear this.

However last june my uncle was struck by a beech he felled which was no less than 1.5 metres across, luckily it struck him and whistled past rather than crush him.

He broke all his ribs,pelvis in 3 places,collarbone, shattered his shoulder and had a plate inserted, tore all the ligaments in his knees and had a collapsed lung.

6 months later he was back working and is currently 90% back where he was.

Just a story to show that if you soldier on and work hard life will be back where you want it before you know it, stay strong!

Garden at the Spinal Centre in tester days sunshine. Featuring the fantastic Oak spinal sculptures by JohnnybWoodford

You really are a fantastically talented photographer Sean.

It may well be that your situation will give you the time to see things in greater and greater depth.

I would love to buy a book of your photographs if you put one together.

You really are a fantastically talented photographer Sean.

It may well be that your situation will give you the time to see things in greater and greater depth.

I would love to buy a book of your photographs if you put one together.

That's very kind of you to say so. Thank you.

6th June

The sun is shining and I'm feeling fresh. Had a shower albeit in a shower chair and I have some nice choons playing. I await the arrival of family and friends. Life couldn't be better. Stop. Whoa. Rewind. Of course life could be better but hey ho this is it and it could be a damn sight worse. I'm alright. I have my amazing family and friends around me, I have music that I can hear, some less fortunate than me cannot enjoy music as I can. I can see the trees from my window, others cannot. I can hold a pint unlike some of my friends here who can only dream of doing so. I'm lucky. In many many ways.

I have an approximate release, I mean discharge date. 27th June. Bloody scary as here I am in a safety bubble. Everything is geared to making things easy. On the outside it is not. Many obstacles to overcome. Like avoiding all the dog **** on the pavements. It's bad enough getting it on your bike tyres but getting it on your wheelchair wheels means getting it on your hands.... Not nice. Think I will probably turn into one of those characters on the Fast Show. There I will be in my anorak, going around Bristol, photographing all the hazards, the broken slabs etc and constantly on the phone moaning to the council. At council meetings I will be the one at the end always having the final say.

" Are the council going to do anything about the mesh fence that protrudes into the footpath that prevents the less able bodied from getting to the newsagents to buy their copy of 'Victorian Street Furniture Weekly?".

Umm maybe not.

Bloody jinxed it haven't I!! Dark clouds up above and the sun has done a runner. Oh well still got the choons.

Xxx

image.jpg.674cbd8b4975967dc028060f3a76350b.jpg

6th June

The sun is shining and I'm feeling fresh. Had a shower albeit in a shower chair and I have some nice choons playing. I await the arrival of family and friends. Life couldn't be better. Stop. Whoa. Rewind. Of course life could be better but hey ho this is it and it could be a damn sight worse. I'm alright. I have my amazing family and friends around me, I have music that I can hear, some less fortunate than me cannot enjoy music as I can. I can see the trees from my window, others cannot. I can hold a pint unlike some of my friends here who can only dream of doing so. I'm lucky. In many many ways.

I have an approximate release, I mean discharge date. 27th June. Bloody scary as here I am in a safety bubble. Everything is geared to making things easy. On the outside it is not. Many obstacles to overcome. Like avoiding all the dog **** on the pavements. It's bad enough getting it on your bike tyres but getting it on your wheelchair wheels means getting it on your hands.... Not nice. Think I will probably turn into one of those characters on the Fast Show. There I will be in my anorak, going around Bristol, photographing all the hazards, the broken slabs etc and constantly on the phone moaning to the council. At council meetings I will be the one at the end always having the final say.

" Are the council going to do anything about the mesh fence that protrudes into the footpath that prevents the less able bodied from getting to the newsagents to buy their copy of 'Victorian Street Furniture Weekly?".

Umm maybe not.

Bloody jinxed it haven't I!! Dark clouds up above and the sun has done a runner. Oh well still got the choons.

Xxx

All sounds good Sean you'll be fine on the 27th mate the family's going to be over the moon, I'm sure there'll be chuffed to have you home.

Don't forget to complain about the over grown hedges growing over the footpath you'll have to take your hedge trimmers out with you and charge. Some great pics as well mate keep them coming. Hope next weeks all good for you and fingers crossed the sun stays out its the best medicine.

Take care all the best Phil