Sweet Sixteen

PeteB

Two things i love, cammed v8's and 2 stroke Detroit diesels. :001_tt1:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YtIGKk1Aws]YouTube - Corvette z06 with MTI X1 cam[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWkHuPgkLps]YouTube - GMC grain truck 6v-92 Detroit Diesel open exhaust (LOUD)!!!![/ame]

I really want to buy a v8 next, but what though :confused1:

Dan

Mike, its well modded already, tho I'd like to get rid of the rust and change the colour and interior. It runs a narrowed Transit "I" beam front with Ford discs and Volvo shocks, Rover 3500 V8 with Offy 360 inlet and Holley 390cfm, tubular stainless headers married to Borg Warner 35 auto box and a Jag MK10 IRS rear end. Rear arches have been extended in steel to take the 295/50/15 tyres and the lip dropped to suit. It won "Best Car" at the '87 custom car show at Doncaster but the last few owners have left it outside so the metal maggot is gradually winning.

I understand Mike, that with the carb, manifold, headers and cam, it should be close to 195 but with big gobbits of torque. I might get it dyno'd for fun but I'm not fully happy with the gearbox, the bands may want adjusting again and I just have this feeling that there may an internal oil leak as some times the change is a little harsh. It's a standard torque convertor which is road spec rather than something the size of a pork pie which would give big revs before a change, therefore getting a higher output.