DIY firewood.

blaggy111

It's an open forum for advice. If a person comes on for tips about sharpening are you going to wish ill fortune on them for not taking it to a dealer?!

Why the hell shouldn't he process his own firewood? I cook my own food because I don't want to pay someone else to do it.

People like you making comments like that can really make this forum seem unattractive to newcomers.

Sorry logsnstuff but Joe is spot on here.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry logsnstuff but Joe is spot on here.

I already said I don't have a problem him doing his own logs he shouldn't be buying from trade sources, problem here is too many see logs as a waste product and don't give a hoot about undercutting log merchants but when someone talks about price cutting treesurgery then you see some drama on here it's double standards.

It's an open forum for advice. If a person comes on for tips about sharpening are you going to wish ill fortune on them for not taking it to a dealer?!

Why the hell shouldn't he process his own firewood? I cook my own food because I don't want to pay someone else to do it.

People like you making comments like that can really make this forum seem unattractive to newcomers.

you worry about newcomers how about those veterans who no longer post, always believed it was a trade forum for the benefit of businesses not for the public to end run around merchants and other trades that's what's going to kill your forum, who's going to provide any info that kills off their trade.

you worry about newcomers how about those veterans who no longer post, always believed it was a trade forum for the benefit of businesses not for the public to end run around merchants and other trades that's what's going to kill your forum, who's going to provide any info that kills off their trade.

I think this maybe may be derailing this thread but you need a mix of knowledge to get the best out of any forum. I always thought that was the idea of discussion groups like this. You could say I am Joe public cutting my own logs but I have given information that may be lacking among log murchants. Most of us ask questions and answer others, shared information and help is what makes this forum work so well.

I think this maybe may be derailing this thread but you need a mix of knowledge to get the best out of any forum. I always thought that was the idea of discussion groups like this. You could say I am Joe public cutting my own logs but I have given information that may be lacking among log murchants. Most of us ask questions and answer others, shared information and help is what makes this forum work so well.

I have no objection to sharing information on processing maintenace etc but a feed designed to put people out of business it may be 1 person posting but how many reading it, logs have been very hard for several years now and this feed can only make it harder.

I have no objection to sharing information on processing maintenace etc but a feed designed to put people out of business it may be 1 person posting but how many reading it, logs have been very hard for several years now and this feed can only make it harder.

i don't understand why you would want to have a go about someone sorting logs direct to save a few quid

do you not do things to save money

or am i due a telling off

for repairing / servicing all our saws, chipper vans ride on mowers and anything else to save money

having an allotment growing my own veg

doing my own decorating

should i have to use these trades just because their there

live and let live

i don't understand why you would want to have a go about someone sorting logs direct to save a few quid

do you not do things to save money

or am i due a telling off

for repairing / servicing all our saws, chipper vans ride on mowers and anything else to save money

having an allotment growing my own veg

doing my own decorating

should i have to use these trades just because their there

live and let live

how about instead of comparing repairing your own equipment they start posting to your customers how to get the work done for free or 50% cheaper than you are charging, will you still have the live and let live attitude. as I said earlier when it comes to tree surgery being undercut there is plenty to be said about those doing it on this forum.

how about instead of comparing repairing your own equipment they start posting to your customers how to get the work done for free or 50% cheaper than you are charging, will you still have the live and let live attitude. as I said earlier when it comes to tree surgery being undercut there is plenty to be said about those doing it on this forum.

we do lose the odd contract due to being undercut that's business

and they normally come back to us because their not getting the service they thought they would get for XYZ cheaper firm

and probably the majority of people on here have undercut the local competition just to get the job ie hard times

we do lose the odd contract due to being undercut that's business

and they normally come back to us because their not getting the service they thought they would get for XYZ cheaper firm

and probably the majority of people on here have undercut the local competition just to get the job ie hard times

and they wouldn't be supporting a site promoting how to get undercut with not only where to source cheap timber but we will arrange the haulage too or similar relevant info to their business. while this particular person doesn't impact me who knows who's reading this and how many members have posted it's no longer viable for them to do logs because of lack of demand/price it's not difficult to see why this thread is a problem to a log merchant.

and they wouldn't be supporting a site promoting how to get undercut with not only where to source cheap timber but we will arrange the haulage too or similar relevant info to their business. while this particular person doesn't impact me who knows who's reading this and how many members have posted it's no longer viable for them to do logs because of lack of demand/price it's not difficult to see why this thread is a problem to a log merchant.

i would think they look at the price of logs from a merchant and that is the deciding factor

i wouldn't buy from a merchant either i do my own from our arising's but in all fairness i reckon the money i would spend on logs if i bought my yearly needs would be more than i save on gas