Best way to process this lot of apple ?

Pinkfoot

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can lay my hands on a tractor , have a MF 30 E and a 22 ton splitter that is a bit tedious. Also have a Polish screw splitter that I destroyed but can be repaired.

I think the wedge was incorrectly installed .

There is a fair bit of wood there ,more than in the photo.Could be as much as 100 cube.

I'm afraid there's not going to be an easy way to deal with that apart from saw spitter and sweat.

If it was me I would find some one with a farmi processor and hire it in put splitter by it break all the big stuff down and feed through farmi.

The farmi has the least amount of guarding on it making it the ideal machine

One man on splitter one on processor would be a good 4 days getting that done. Be prepared to pay the hired guy a little more than normal as that's going to be hard on the processor.

Steve at crown hires a farmi with operator

Cheers mate. Looks like I had the answer all along.

I spoke with a fella who has just bought a Farmi and said he would hire it for £200 a day if I helped him.

He was not sure how long it would take though. If it can be done in four days, it has to be a bargain .

Will have a look at Steve too.

I can cut it up ready for him if it would save time ,even though it would mean double handling.

I spoke with a fella who has just bought a Farmi and said he would hire it for £200 a day if I helped him.

He was not sure how long it would take though. If it can be done in four days, it has to be a bargain .

I can cut it up ready for him if it would save time ,even though it would mean double handling.

HI PINK by the time you pay out £200 a day theres no money in it thanks you need a good splitter buy far better get your money back then thanks jon

I'd look to buying some 1.0m3 net bags from one of the usual suppliers. You can buy these in multiples of 15 for £75. There's not much point just making another pile again without the ability to move them easily later.

Next is to have either a bag support like a tower scaffold or better still a loader with pallet forks and loading & neatly stacking will be easy.

The next bit is just hard work with whatever machinery you have, cutting, loading the splitter and bagging......

I think four days is a good goal for someone and a helper under 35......At 56 it would take me a little longer even with my faithful Posch!

codlasher

If the guys new to the machine I'd be thinking 5 days at 200 a day I would snap his hand off. I would estimate there's 140 cube of slit logs so at £100 a cube that's 14 k if you end up paying 1500 to get it processed your still in the money

Don't be tempted putting the stuff with unions through the 6 way or you will spend half the time sorting jams out. I'd have a keen you glad on the splitter to take care of awkward stuff.

Nothing worse than coming to the end of a processing job and having to do the awkward stuff last.

Buy some bags or potato boxes to store it in

I'm afraid there's not going to be an easy way to deal with that apart from saw spitter and sweat.

If it was me I would find some one with a farmi processor and hire it in put splitter by it break all the big stuff down and feed through farmi.

The farmi has the least amount of guarding on it making it the ideal machine

One man on splitter one on processor would be a good 4 days getting that done. Be prepared to pay the hired guy a little more than normal as that's going to be hard on the processor.

Steve at crown hires a farmi with operator

:dito:

Would not like to speculate how long that lot would take but it will pay to get it processed to logs.