Hitch ascender or lockjack ?

reidy

As im quite new to climbing im in need of some advice . Ive been trying to use a hitch ascender with a valdotain but the not keeps failing . I always dress the knot correctly but have no joy . What length should the cord be knot to knot ? Ive been using a very short one to prevent sitback is this wrong ? Or would a lockjack be advisable all advice would be appreciated Cheers !

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you using 8mm cord? i like mine dressed long but i find its cord types and how many wraps start on a 4-4 combo then lose a twist on the legs find 4-3 works great most of the time .i think mine is roughly 50cm

if im using a short vt 3-2 works but its hard say with out using your ropes you have to tune it with what you have.

i have spent today using my lock jack sport swivel and art friction saver and highly rate it , i have also been trying out the pantin foot ascended and hand ascender with it ond got on really well . i tried the hitcher but didnt feel it was as good as the lock jack

BUT THAT IS ONLY ME PERSONAL OPPINION LOL

i have spent today using my lock jack sport swivel and art friction saver and hate it , i have also been trying out the pantin foot ascended and hand ascender with it and did'nt fair any better . i tried the hitcher and felt it was much better than the lock jack

BUT THAT IS ONLY ME PERSONAL OPPINION LOL

I agree:001_tongue:

if your new to climbing then the lockjack might not be the ideal tool-its a bit on and off. get ya hitch sorted by trying lots of different combos (get hold of Dirk Lingens knot book) and once that is sorted things will become easier. Once ya hitch is always biting/releasing then maybe try an o rig system-eliminates slack from your climbing system and generally makes climbing safer (im a big fan of this).