My first Video

Mike Hill

you are the one arse shuffling backwards out a limb on your avatar blake, doesnt install to much confidence in your arguement now does it. i have done this job for 12 years profesionally now and have never had a rope break, tree snap or any serious accident, appart from those nasty little silky cuts, huck has been doing it even longer. we are still in 1 piece, huck dismantles every day with a remote hiab while climbing, if anyone knows about forces and working with trees it is him, mikes cv is just as impressive and dean isnt a stranger to a climbing line either mate

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve I'm sorry my post was not supposed to be a slight on skyhucks intelligence, but to show that the training that he rubbishes is built from PROVEN scientific laws.:blushing:

maybe so, but the forces that you are talking about are only coming into play on a static line, whereas clearly mikes groundsman is running the ropes extremely well so the whole point is mute.

Skyhuck as you have previously said you can not tell what is happening from a still photograph.

Why don't you ask why I was in that position.

Also if that is the worst fault that you can find with my work then I'm not doing too much wrong!

By the way what is wrong with that position- NOTHING

You are disagreeing with me about rigging and I am correct- ask Newton, ISA HSE, AFAG, NPTC etal

Try reading the rigging research on the HSE web site.

HSE!! Given their latest track record in the courts (see Forestry Journal) I shouldnt hold too much store in their findings.

A few years back, we didnt have fancy rigging gear, blocks, strops and so on. Yet we still didnt demolish the neighbourhood. There was no NPTC rigging courses, yet we managed to lower just as big stuff off under control, not as easily maybe, but we did it. We're still here to tell the tale, and more experienced. This is tree work, we cut trees, we dont a piggin degree to do it.