Clients who line up their garden rubbish for your chipper.

Mountain man

Now I know the mantra of " I never chip anything I haven't cut myself mate"

But it never ceases to amaze me when you turn up and there's a pile of stuff clearly freshly cut sitting on the lawn.

Me to the groundies "here we go!"

The client, all pleased with himself, "could you put that through the chipper"

Sometimes they don't even ask just start dragging it toward the chipper like it was a human right!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now I know the mantra of " I never chip anything I haven't cut myself mate"

But it never ceases to amaze me when you turn up and there's a pile of stuff clearly freshly cut sitting on the lawn.

Me to the groundies "here we go!"

The client, all pleased with himself, "could you put that through the chipper"

Sometimes they don't even ask just start dragging it toward the chipper like it was a human right!

Yeah most just take it to chipper

Nothing to get stressed about, providing its not going to create a space issue, and the cups of teas are flowing, a small gesture of chipping a bit extra rubbish is no hardship :)

I don't mind if they ask or if they are sound, it's the "while your here can u just??" And not want to pay any attention xtra.

Its when they point to a part burnt bonfire pile containing many things apart from wood that my answer becomes a big no way!!! If they help drag the brash and then keep out the way then yes .had one client who had a pile of old fencing full of nails and wire who took the hump when I said never!!

What's worse is when they stand over your shoulder with a pair of loppers whilst your chipping giving you nudges every time you put a twig in over 3" waving the loppers in your face and rubbing there hands for potential fire wood ... Even worse if it's there neighbour doing it who's wood hungry and heard you will be there.

It still makes me laugh when I hear oooh can I just put this in your mincer??? Always tempted to say no you can't that groundies not here today.

What's worse is when they stand over your shoulder with a pair of loppers whilst your chipping giving you nudges every time you put a twig in over 3" waving the loppers in your face and rubbing there hands for potential fire wood ... Even worse if it's there neighbour doing it who's wood hungry and heard you will be there.

It still makes me laugh when I hear oooh can I just put this in your mincer??? Always tempted to say no you can't that groundies not here today.

Yes I've had clients standing over my shoulder trying to grab tuppence worth of firewood from the chipper rollers!