WHATS THE BEST PICKUP FOR £25k thanks all

mendiplogs

Sorry but I think your post is a load of cobblers! A bloody van won't tip or get into my tip sites. I have a tool box fitted into my tipping body. I can tow 3.5 tonne, I might not be able to cruise at 85 like the non permenant 4wd jap stuff but my Landy is built to work not to ponce around in.

HI HODGE i have to say your right there my old LR will not do 80/90MPH like vito van BUT IS WERE LR WINS :thumbup1:WHEN VANS ARE STUCK IN MUD AFTER TIPPING OFF CHIP THE VAN MAY 20/30MINS FASTER BUT THE VAN MAN LOST OUT ON BEEING STUCK FOR 20/30MINS AS HE STUCK IN MUD :lol:THANKS JON :thumbup:

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the vw look very nice, anybody got reviews on them??

I test drove one about two weeks ago. Thought it the best drive so far but not tried the ranger not a fan of ford at all so it would need to be head and shoulders above the rest.

Not sure I would buy the vw with 2 litre engine especially if towing big trailers. 7 speed auto box was spot on and may take the strain off the engine. All a bit too nice for a working truck and maybe not tough enough and price is horrendous for a high spec one you are looking at 30 k plus and then vat on top.

If I did arb work I would probably buy a 3 year old white hilux ex company 70,000 miles full history £7000. Why would you pay 40 k for a pick up and throw sticks at it all day and drag chainsaws over it.

If I needed a vehicle for private use I buy a proper 4x4. Then you don't have to Neal up on the rear tail gate getting covered in crap to retrieve your coat that is wet from the leaking snug top. The rear seats in a dc are ok but you won't want to do 200 miles in there. Normally they are noisier and have a hard choppy ride.

I test drove one about two weeks ago. Thought it the best drive so far but not tried the ranger not a fan of ford at all so it would need to be head and shoulders above the rest.

Not sure I would buy the vw with 2 litre engine especially if towing big trailers. 7 speed auto box was spot on and may take the strain off the engine. All a bit too nice for a working truck and maybe not tough enough and price is horrendous for a high spec one you are looking at 30 k plus and then vat on top.

HI STEVE and theres a waiting time of 28 weeks that takes the :lol::lol::lol:mate thanks jon :thumbup:

HI STEVE and theres a waiting time of 28 weeks that takes the :lol::lol::lol:mate thanks jon :thumbup:

Yes so they won't be busting to discount it.

I once leased an old hilux for three months while I had the wonderful new navarra d22 on order. Lesson learnt should have stuck with the old hilux which was worth about 5 k and had 170 k on the clock.

Yes so they won't be busting to discount it.

I once leased an old hilux for three months while I had the wonderful new navarra d22 on order. Lesson learnt should have stuck with the old hilux which was worth about 5 k and had 170 k on the clock.

HI STEVE %%%% is 4 %% thats a joke :lol:make the pickup faster thanks jon :thumbup:

8 Speed. I paid 27500+VAT for mine, It is top spec and as far as I am aware has all the toys, except DAB radio. That was almost exactly a year ago though, they may have gone up.

Also bear in mind the Isuzu and the Ford depreciate faster, a friend of mine just paid £16k for an 11 plate poverty spec with 90k on the clock. I told him to buy new, but he wanted a manual, again you can only tell people so many times!