New pickups for 2015/16

Steve Bullman

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI DEAN the DEMO i taken out was ONLY 200 MILES ON IT the blade D MAX SO CALLED TWIN TURBO :lol: it was GUT LESS:lol: did not pull my TD5 90XS pull:thumbup1: much better thanks jon

Jon, I believe the ECU on them learns your driving style, many cars do now. I know for a fact the Navara does as I was going to reset my ecu and wellie it to learn the proper driving style.

The Dmax you took out will not have been driven hard because it is a demo motor. The engine is the same size as your td5 but it has twin turbo so has a much wider power range, it will definitely pull better, you just need to wear different wellies when you drive it.

I think the Navara takes something like 10 to 15 mile to learn your driving style

Jon, I believe the ECU on them learns your driving style, many cars do now. I know for a fact the Navara does as I was going to reset my ecu and wellie it to learn the proper driving style.

The Dmax you took out will not have been driven hard because it is a demo motor. The engine is the same size as your td5 but it has twin turbo so has a much wider power range, it will definitely pull better, you just need to wear different wellies when you drive it.

I think the Navara takes something like 10 to 15 mile to learn your driving style

HI DEAN i no it TWIN TURBO someone nicked one of them it was very bad put foot down and you were waiting and waiting for it to pull my TD5 had over 200hp and 310lbs plus now looking at toyota thanks jon :thumbup:

HI DEAN i no it TWIN TURBO someone nicked one of them it was very bad put foot down and you were waiting and waiting for it to pull my TD5 had over 200hp and 310lbs plus now looking at toyota thanks jon :thumbup:

Go look at the new ranger jon, looked great imo.

Must have been something wrong with it a twin turbo set up with variable vane vs a big old td5 turbo should be no contest. I doubt I could buy a new double cab that I was un happy with the performance even the 2.5 hilux pulls like a train just need the 3.0 for big trailers. Too much power and they scoff diesel and the back end swings about. I think you may be better with a souped up rav 4 they used to do a boy racer one. After a few weeks when the leaf springs have sat down and hardened up the dc will grate on you. I know I had a new one.

I just wish they would offer the big engines in the Base models, normal "work"hilux is 2.5 but only the invincible is 3lt, same with ford,the only models available in 3.2 are the two top of the range trucks, why can't I have a Base dcab with 3.2lt???

yes,as in the usa where you can "build your own truck",using body style,engine,transmission,etc.of your choice.(within reason)

Was just looking for a new 7 seater for personal use and came across this one Ssangyong

yes,as in the usa where you can "build your own truck",using body style,engine,transmission,etc.of your choice.(within reason)

When I looked into possibly buying a new ranger last year I was informed by the ford fleet dealer we normally deal with that if it was ordered with a factory fitted tow pack it would come with slightly different gear ratio's, how true this is don't really know.

I was under my 09 Ranger yesterday and it's terribly rusty for a truck that age, I understand the build quality has improved on the newer ones, well it needs to have.