And we wonder why the NHS is at breaking point!

TimberCutterDartmoor

Ok, the way it works is thus. The Himalaya rock salts were originally a sea bed 250 million years ago. If you believe in evolution and that we evolved from the sea, we are mostly water anyway, you also find that of the 96 elements in our bodies, 94 of them are found in Himalaya sea salts, in exactly the same proportion as are in our bodies, lending creedence to evolutionary theory. I prefer this type of salt over sea salts because sea salts have picked up all the trash from nuclear testing and pollution etc which is not in rock salts - plus it tastes awesome! Modern table salt has added iodine and anti caking agents and is made from gasoline and chemistry.

Modern food has very little goodness in it because of the intensive nature of it, modern farming is the conversion of oil into calories and analysis shows trace minerals are severley lacking. Some expedition to the antarctic brought back a 100 year old can of tinned beef had had been left there and compared it to a modern tin, the modern corned beef lacked so much in minerals etc that it was a joke. In modern agriculture, the soil is just a growing medium, not a source of nutrients and minerals and this is shown in the lack of in the final product. If you keep beef animals you hang up salt licks to try add add vital minerals back into the diet, they are not single salt licks.

Personally I buy 25kg bags of Himalaya rock salt at a time, eats loads myself and give away loads to other people, you never go back to eating that white table poison afterwards.

second that :thumbup1:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just up the road from me is where they dig up a great deal of the salt that they spread on the roads in winter. I've got a couple of housebrick size lumps of it somewhere.

This is underground stuff that is a prehistoric dried out sea, coloured pink from dusts that blew in from Siberia or somewhere over there.

If I go and root a bucketfull of that out of the grit bins I should be OK. :)

I still say you would have to be eating dangerous amounts of salt to get any nutritional benefits from any trace elements in there. Each to their own though, so crack on.

There's no such thing as a dangerous amount of Himalaya salt if you have functional liver/kidneys, any excess just gets excreted. A curious thing to note is that many liver problems are caused by .......drum roll....lack of real salt! Real salt has always been precious, Roman soldiers were paid in salt, it's where the word salary comes from - Salarium

The same does not hold true with Sodium chloride (table salt), that stuff will screw you up which is why you are advised to try and keep a low limit. Table salt is just another of the long list of non natural industrial products that ruins the reputaion of normally much better natural products.

I've been into science all my life, I used to believe in the purity of science but as I've aged, I've learnt that science just pimps itself out for a paycheck the same as everyone else - where's my flying car that they promised me as a kid ffs!? Science has it's priesthood and this is why breakthroughs come from outsiders - like Einstien etc.

I tend to go natural and skip the industrial science route nowadays, fancy some Thalidomide anyone, the guys in the white lab coats said it's great. Probably the biggest mass murderer in the 20th century was a guy you've never heard of, not Hitler, not Stalin, not Mao but a chemical engineer called Thomas Midgley Jr who worked for the Dupont chemical company. He invented lead additives for petrol to stop knocking and boost octane ratings and Freon which is CFCs in fridges/air con. Both these inventions have killed millions over the years with lead poioning and ozone cancers etc and both have been removed nowadays.

Can anyone, hand on heart say that the modern system is working? You eat the modern processed foods, you eat the low fat and carbo heavy shite (that's full of fake sugars) the doctors say is good for you, it makes you fat and ill and then medicine fills you up with nasty crap like steroids that bloats you up even more and leads to obesity epidemics and "we wonder why the NHS is at breaking point" threads. As with finance, follow the money, there's an lot of money being made from keeping people unhealthy.

Sorry to waffle but life is so full of wonderful stuff......

There's no such thing as a dangerous amount of Himalaya salt if you have functional liver/kidneys, any excess just gets excreted. A curious thing to note is that many liver problems are caused by .......drum roll....lack of real salt! Real salt has always been precious, Roman soldiers were paid in salt, it's where the word salary comes from - Salarium

The same does not hold true with Sodium chloride (table salt), that stuff will screw you up which is why you are advised to try and keep a low limit. Table salt is just another of the long list of non natural industrial products that ruins the reputaion of normally much better natural products.

I've been into science all my life, I used to believe in the purity of science but as I've aged, I've learnt that science just pimps itself out for a paycheck the same as everyone else - where's my flying car that they promised me as a kid ffs!? Science has it's priesthood and this is why breakthroughs come from outsiders - like Einstien etc.

I tend to go natural and skip the industrial science route nowadays, fancy some Thalidomide anyone, the guys in the white lab coats said it's great. Probably the biggest mass murderer in the 20th century was a guy you've never heard of, not Hitler, not Stalin, not Mao but a chemical engineer called Thomas Midgley Jr who worked for the Dupont chemical company. He invented lead additives for petrol to stop knocking and boost octane ratings and Freon which is CFCs in fridges/air con. Both these inventions have killed millions over the years with lead poioning and ozone cancers etc and both have been removed nowadays.

Can anyone, hand on heart say that the modern system is working? You eat the modern processed foods, you eat the low fat and carbo heavy shite (that's full of fake sugars) the doctors say is good for you, it makes you fat and ill and then medicine fills you up with nasty crap like steroids that bloats you up even more and leads to obesity epidemics and "we wonder why the NHS is at breaking point" threads. As with finance, follow the money, there's an lot of money being made from keeping people unhealthy.

Interesting stuff I'll be trying some himalaya salt might have to have the odd bag of smiths crisps though

Himalayan rock salt is 95% sodium chloride. Himalayan salt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It will kill you in excess just the same as any other form of sodium chloride.

I am all in favour of healthy eating but there are far too many lies spouted by both sides of the argument as regards natural v conventional.

Looks like any salt in anything but moderation is bad for you where ever it comes from its basicly 2 elements binded together with tiny trace of other minerals.

Naturaly ocurring salt has to be better than the man made stuff.

Look what salt spread on the roads does to your car.

We planted a laurel hedge alongside a paved path the fitting guide for slabs said don't use grit salt. Unfortunately the client used a huge amount this winter:sneaky2: the laurels are looking a bit burned to say the least.

It's not really the calories but the things that are in the food, salt, preservatives etc, you may burn off the calories but it's the other stuff that's not good.

i was quite happy living in denial! you,re mean lol 😜

Himalayan rock salt is 95% sodium chloride. Himalayan salt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It will kill you in excess just the same as any other form of sodium chloride.

I am all in favour of healthy eating but there are far too many lies spouted by both sides of the argument as regards natural v conventional.

95% sodium chloride is the correct ratio for the body, that's exactly why comsuming only more of sodium chloride (table salt) is so bad for you, it upsets the salt balance in your body. I think that the original science that said "salt is bad for you" has been pretty much discredited nowadays. I agree with you that a lot of science has an agenda behind it, that's why I've learnt to take it with a pinch of salt! If you are old enough, you will remember when it was common for doctors waiting rooms to have free cigarettes to help with patients stress while waiting - things change, advice isn't always permanent.

All I know is this from personal experience:

don't buy food - buy ingredients and make your own

don't eat anything your grandmother wouldn't recognise

don't eat processed food (full of bad salt and sugars to add flavour)

eat loads of butter, bacon and fats, it fills you up but avoid bread pasta carbs

Eat green and coloured plants

As all good cooks will tell you, use lots of good salt

Ten years ago I changed over my diet and went from a fat bastard blaming everyone else, to losing 7 stone and have spent the last 8 years back with a 34 inch waist that I had when I was 20, loads of energy, wake up with morning wood everyday. It's all the proof I need. :biggrin:

[ame]

[/ame]