Lost out

Starscream

The customer trusted the other guy who did the job, the reason you didn't get the job is because they had made a cock up and booked someone else before they accepted your quote etc, they did the honest thing and let u down as they had already said yes to the other bloke. Now he did a crap job and that's crap for them and the other bloke is a tosser for ripping them off. End of the day you have got the job and yes it isn't nice for them but use it to your advantage in the future when quoting for jobs. The other thing is you work for a company so regular wage, holiday pay etc, you do these jobs at the weekend etc, this is taking work of companys isn't it, but that's life so just put it in the life experience file and move on.:)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The customer trusted the other guy who did the job, the reason you didn't get the job is because they had made a cock up and booked someone else before they accepted your quote etc, they did the honest thing and let u down as they had already said yes to the other bloke. Now he did a crap job and that's crap for them and the other bloke is a tosser for ripping them off. End of the day you have got the job and yes it isn't nice for them but use it to your advantage in the future when quoting for jobs. The other thing is you work for a company so regular wage, holiday pay etc, you do these jobs at the weekend etc, this is taking work of companys isn't it, but that's life so just put it in the life experience file and move on.:)

Fair one but I don't advertise my work, it's all recommendations. The extra money I earn isn't pocket money, we need it. We live a modest life and don't live beyond our means. Just didn't want to rent for the rest of our life so got on the property ladder. If that means I do 6-7 days a week during spring/ summer then I will. My daughter WILL have what I didn't.

Fair one but I don't advertise my work, it's all recommendations. The extra money I earn isn't pocket money, we need it. We live a modest life and don't live beyond our means. Just didn't want to rent for the rest of our life so got on the property ladder. If that means I do 6-7 days a week during spring/ summer then I will. My daughter WILL have what I didn't.

That fair enough and I would do the same if I was in your situation. My point was that this experience has been a bit of a range of emotions for you and has to be used to your advantage in the future. Let's hope the customer puts the word out that they crew that did that are poor. All the best.

Just remember that your daughter needs to see and spend time with you. I say this because my dad worked all the hours God sent him when I was young and I never saw him, not knocking you but sometimes a walk in the park is worth more than that doll/bike, ....... Like I say not knocking you it's good you want to provide and I have to force myself to slowdown work, but I look at my boys now one is ten now the other is eight and I already wonder where the years have gone.

Just remember that your daughter needs to see and spend time with you. I say this because my dad worked all the hours God sent him when I was young and I never saw him, not knocking you but sometimes a walk in the park is worth more than that doll/bike, ....... Like I say not knocking you it's good you want to provide and I have to force myself to slowdown work, but I look at my boys now one is ten now the other is eight and I already wonder where the years have gone.

That's the best bit of advise in this whole thread. Well said as many of us have done the same and you can't ever get that time back. Wish someone had said what you mentioned to me my boy is 23 now and when we look back at photos of days out,, weekends and some holiday's there is one person missing from every photograph. ME:confused1:

HI HODGE thats the best thing to mate move on mate this post been running over a week now :thumbup1:thanks jon

Yeah definitely win win.. I was pleased I got the call. And yes, I was recommended, but unbeknownst to the gentleman, his daughter had booked the guy to do it. So essentially we were both given the job, but they went with him because his daughter done some leg work. Fair play, but crap for me... Until today!!!

If a 70 year old is prepared to risk his neck to save a few quid you can be sure they were still looking for cheap after they accepted your quote. Do you actually know they paid more ? Well done for sticking to your price