Timber theft

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont mess around phone plod and demand they are charged with theft and criminal damage, and dont accept no for an answer

There is a level of lawlessness around where plod are not really interested.

We have had timber nicked all over the farm, even rotten pine logs which have been put across field gateways to stop people driving all over the place to test their 4x4s or go lamping.

Someone picking our daffodils told me to naff off as he was picking them for his sick wife in hospital.

I was looking forward to harvesting our crop of Early Windsor Apples last Autumn and there were six trees with about 50 gorgeous apples waiting to be picked in our garden. (behind a hedge!) I decided to leave them until my wife and I returned from a weekend break and every single one had gone.

Our workshop was burgled and £6000 worth of tools was taken. Plod did come and half heartedly tried to find some fingerprints but the only advice was "Well you're insured aren't you?"

The only good result was from a six ton flat roll I bought from a local dealer.

I asked him to bring it round on his flatbed but in the end I had to tow it as his 6 ton capacity forklift would not lift it onto the lorry.

I parked it in the field but when I went back to use it a month later it wasn't there!

Looked a bit further and it was about 50 yards away in the hedge and there were a couple of twin wheel transit type wheelmarks running away from it.

Obviously they had tried to load it onto an Ivor Williams type trailer and it had all become a bit too much for them. I should think the front wheels of the Transit came off the ground! (Wish I had a video of it!)

The roll is 90% concrete anyway so not worth nicking for the metal.

I found a glove under the roll and very cautiously shook it in case any fingers might drop out!

I'm hoping one day to find someone under a tree they've tried to fell and nick!

The logs we have stacked up aren't your average forestry piles these are 2' plus in diameter, would smart bit if they land on unprotected toes :001_smile:

See, that's why I always wear my toecaps :lol: