Tree identification book

Chopperbob

This is going to sound a bit daft but what are you after in terms of identification?

I like the Dorling Handsley Handbook: Trees, it has nice pictures and is well laid out but it doesn't have a Key to aid identification; whereas the Collins Field Guide to Tree does, which is very useful but this lacks detailed images.

I tend to mix and match between the two and cross reference with my other ID books.

Failing that BQ have a range of good identification books that have been going for donkeys' years .

Ste

Hi Ste, take it you mean the Dr Hessayon 'Expert' books Expert Books by Dr D G Hessayon - Easy-to-follow advice and information you can trust.

Yup, tis in my collection too.

Good call.

Paul

PS notice he's done a Conifer one too....my birthdays coming up n the days of wild parties n dancing girls have gone, so maybe, just maybe (but which one, the book or the...armchair :-) )

Edited by AA Teccie (Paul)

Collins Tree Guide (Hardcover) 0007139543 | eBay

You'll never need another in the field, but it's good to have a few others in the office for leisurely idents of rare species. Get the hardback, it's worth it in the long run. Or if you get paperback, get a case for it. Mine has taken a pounding in the survey bag for a few years but is in amazingly good condition. The day it falls apart I'm going to buy 2 more copies in case it goes out of print.

Hi Ste, take it you mean the Dr Hessayon 'Expert' books Expert Books by Dr D G Hessayon - Easy-to-follow advice and information you can trust.

Yup, tis in my collection too.

Good call.

Paul

PS notice he's done a Conifer one too....my birthdays coming up n the days of wild parties n dancing girls have gone, so maybe, just maybe (but which one, the book or the...armchair :-) )

Yep ,that's the man .

I have a few of them in me cab and refer too them has my Bible.

Ste