Stihl Ms362C-M or Husky 560xp?

foureyes

Somebody slap the record player please, the bloody needle is stuck in the same groove again!

On the flip side, they fall to bits - proven. :001_tongue::biggrin:

My mate had a 560; has just about lasted 2 years in full time cutting but with many new parts along the way. I've got a 1999 Stihl 036 that hasn't stopped since it was new (16 years!) and only eaten 2 spark plugs, two brake bands and some starter rope plus B&C's obviously.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On the flip side, they fall to bits - proven. :001_tongue::biggrin:

My mate had a 560; has just about lasted 2 years in full time cutting but with many new parts along the way. I've got a 1999 Stihl 036 that hasn't stopped since it was new (16 years!) and only eaten 2 spark plugs, two brake bands and some starter rope plus B&C's obviously.

I have one of the very earliest ever 550's (got it before it was released for sale in UK) and it has just last week snapped it's first brake-band. Been completely faultless otherwise, never seen a plug-spanner!

My point to mr Troll was that repeating the same (void) argument over and over again gets rather tiring... (I wonder if he is actually paid by Dolmar, a bit of cunning reverse psychology? If so, it works, I've ordered two 5105's mainly at his "recommendations"...)

not drivel mate fact i have had 3 560s all kept going to be fixed , two mates of mine this month . plug blown out of head then clutch again on one , the other saw this week crank bearings gone and piston so new engine . thats what 560s do its fact not drivel . unless you only want to do little work they are not reliable enough

Sad but true the 560 is a very soft saw , pity as its a very nice saw to work with ,

Just bought two 362's and traded in my husq for it. Loved the husqvarna as long as it lasted between breakdowns. Still think the ergonomics as well as the power of the Huskies are slightly better than the Stihl, but I think I can live with the Stihl pretty well.

At the moment we only have Stihl saws -before we had a mix of Stihl's and Huskies- except for my workmates Echo climbing saw -have to say I really like that little saw as well, only thing I really dislike are the small oil and fuel openings.

Ive owned both, the Husky is lighter and faster cutting than the 362 but a bit more expensive. Ive owned my 362 for nearly 3 years now and use it at least a few days a week and its never let me down, the only thing ive replaced is the bar and an air filter, still on the original sprocket too!

Neither tbh for me.had an early 362,didn't go wrong but didn't like the feel,spongy I thought.i have a 560 that is almost 18 months old and has done 4 days work (I sheet you not) split oil tank gasket,rattled itself to pieces,autotune issues,poor thing can't show up for an hour! I have 3 550's however and they're pretty damn good.if you want grunt and reliability in this class go echo 620sx,problem solved

Have to admit, never tried a husky long term, only occasionally so I can't comment on which is better. I'm Stihl man - if only because when you turn up on site some customers recognise the brand. You'll get comments "ooooh a stihl - how much was that!" They know enough to know it's top notch kit and perhaps understand better where the job fee is going. Huskys may well be as good, but you don't get the same oohs and ahhs from clients.

All other things being equal, sometimes it's worth being customer POV focussed rather than kit focussed?

Have to admit, never tried a husky long term, only occasionally so I can't comment on which is better. I'm Stihl man - if only because when you turn up on site some customers recognise the brand. You'll get comments "ooooh a stihl - how much was that!" They know enough to know it's top notch kit and perhaps understand better where the job fee is going. Huskys may well be as good, but you don't get the same oohs and ahhs from clients.

All other things being equal, sometimes it's worth being customer POV focussed rather than kit focussed?

I had that once . The bloke said to his wife " Ah they got Stihl kit , thats the best " Thing is it was all Husky :001_rolleyes: