Road registering mowers

Richard 1234

There is a category for mowing machines.

You can register for daytime only so no need for lights. What mower is it? Do they do it road legal from new? If so you may be able to get a certificate of newness from the manufacture which will help getting it registered at DVLA

IMO more hassle than it's worth unless doing road side takes longer to drive mower than loa and unload

I hear you but if the thing is registered and insured you are covered in the event of an accident. The second the wheels touch the road with someone sat on it it has to comply. Its free tax and no MOT so its not a big issue , I have an extension on my insurance that covers any ag machines on the road. You may need it one day like the time the forks of the telehandler went through the side of a new BMW.

Bob

IMO more hassle than it's worth unless doing road side takes longer to drive mower than loa and unload

Every other time I will be doing the verges etc on the way, will I need to register for just crossing the the road?bits

I wan not going to use the big machine for the verges as its 7ft cut and I have a 3 foot walk behind that is almost a better size for the road side bits.

Got to make my mind up soon starts in 3 weeks.

I think to start I will walk the road side bits as by the time I've manoeuvred around lampposts etc the smaller one will be quicker.