Bunded Storage

hear are a couple of links for suppliers of variuse custome made storage,

as for old chest freezers, unde rthe new psd guidance they are not really reccomended.

pesticides must be kept seperate from other materials and your pesticed ppe etc must be stored seperately as well also under loc and key when it has been used

the storage of derv oil etc in bulk falls under oil storage regs, net regs and some environmental regs but in essance you must take steps to prevent contamination, bunds will usually be 110% off the largest vessel and not forgeting spills mop up kit. steps should also be taken to controll pollution during filling.

stuff like grease. and other 'small' amount kept in an appropriate way but also seperate from pesticides/biocides. these should be led by best practice, manufacturer information and your coshh risk assessment.

with ref to coshh youll find some assistance hear look bout half way down page

HSE - Publications: Free leaflets - Chemicals

and also here but moor complex and you will need info up front like un numbers etc

COSHH ESSENTIALS

and

HSE - Control of substances hazardous to health (COSHH)

the big danger with all this is as said above 'youll be compliant' well its not just the storage but the assessments etc and they are all linked but a start hear

Secure storage for tools, fuel and equipment. Cleveland Sitesafe have a comprehensive range of steel security anmd vandal resistant products.

Empteezy Ltd.

lot there to be going on with hope it helps

kevin

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ohh ps

dont foret if you are using pesticides you should be keeping acurate records of what where how much who and weather etc and have accurate stock records ideally in 2 places and external sinage/information incase of fire so the brigade know what they are fighting

By the time you have paid for it all you will have to sack the groundie due to lack of funds :001_smile:

That thing the drums sit on doesnt look big enough to contain a 1000 litres :confused1:

As long as you position it over a drain and make sure you drill a hole in the bottom so it doesn't overflow you'll be fine!!!:001_tongue:

I know someone in sales at a big plastics moulding firm in Ashton-u-lyme Manchester, they dont normally manufacture bunded trays but they just so happened to have a 4 barrel in line bunded spill pallet in stock :001_tt1:

10ft long by 3ft wide normally £280 because I'm so specail they did to me at £150 inc vat delivered to my door :001_smile: Chuffed with that price

If I sit it inside my new wagon back I got recently which is lockable, that should cover H&S requirements

I'm so glad the HSE havent been to our place yet :scared1: I'd prob have to buy another yard just to store the storage tanks!

What i'm wondering though is why shouldnt we have to have a storage tank underneath the fuel tank on the truck? That holds about 60 litres of diesel :sneaky2: