3point linkage digger

william127

Does anyone use a 3pl mounted digger? Are they any good or are they just tan akward pain to use? What sort of weight can you lift/move with them? It would be on. A n mf3060, so not a tiny tractor, but not too big either. Thanks, William.

I had one on a job a few years ago, got a mate of mine (he's a machine driver by trade) to use it for a day. He said it was the worst thing that he had ever used:lol:

Save Ya money and get a mini digger.:thumbup:

I used to have one,

It was a pig to put it on, the top linkage ( bulky top link) could get bent quite easily. Making it even harder to take off and put on.

The controls were cumbersome, and the manovering was awkward, you could never quite get in the right place.

It was powerful, is about the only good thing I can say about it.

( light figured people like to cut the pipes and take the pto motor with them.)

Thanks for the replies, it sounds to me that if I come across a dirt cheap one at a farm sale it might be worth it as any digger is better than a spade but if I have to pay eBay type overinflated prices I'll be disappointed.

Thanks, William.

What kinda money you talking?

I might know of one sitting, mint condition 2 digging buckets and a ditcher

I had an old MF50b on the farm that was I thought underused and hence sold, I then found myself borrowing/hiring mini and micro 360s surprisingly regularly, so bought an ancient but very clean lightweight Mcconnell, no pump just a pair of hoses, for £200 at a farm sale. (Also no fixed top link frame, so care needed in use...)

For ad-hoc jobs it was brilliant, no digging a flat track to awkward hillside jobs, just drive there. Reasonably fast cycle on a modern tractor, a bit of a faff to dis/mount but no worse than a heavy flail etc. I also used a borrowed Foster DP2 with sideshift for a while, a bit big for my Goldoni but actually fairly powerful at work, comparable to the MF

As already mentioned, check farm sales, plenty of Ditch Kings etc sitting in dry barns.