Husky xp oil worth the extra ££££ ??

jnoon

how does Castrol R oil compare to any of the other 2-stroke oils? can you still get it?

i remember it from trips to the T.T. years ago and the smell was fantastic.

Veg based I seem to remember . Could get the same smell by putting a couple of spoon fulls of caster oil in your fuel tank :biggrin:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A pin on something has let go next to the rings and stopped the piston from moving

TCD could be right there, uneven heat distribution or dissipation due to the oil could have cause irregular heat expansion that loosened the ring-pin? Or just a faulty batch of pistons from the manufacturer (gilardoni or something like that, niko will correct the spelling!)

We have been husky dealers for far to many years now,They never ever ask for any parts to be returned,never mind testing oil etc

My 560XP seized after probably 10 hours, prior to that it ran like a pig, poor pick up, hard to start when hot. It was sent back to Husky who blamed 'inferior' 2 stroke mix, I was using Sthil Red sold to me by the dealer with the saw. It does recommend the use of the XP oil in the manual at 50-1 but if using mineral based oils to a spec ( the Sthil oil conformed to this spec) then it is supposed to be used at 33-1 or 25-1, cant remember which. Having said that I was running at about 25-1 when it seized.

It has come back from Husky who repaired it as a gesture of goodwill a completely different tool altogether. That was a year ago, while I only use my saw to prepare firewood and a bit of tree clearance so it does not get a lot of use but its still holding together.

A

Hi, you may find this the case with Stihl warranty but not Husky we had 2 550xpg go pop the same day which were fixed under warranty they commented on our use of non Husky oil but only in passing, it was the first time we'd been running saws on another brand (Oregon) in years and I won't be doin it again!😢

What oil are you using now mate?