can someone buy me one of these please

se7enthdevil

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A nice looking piece of equipment (The Dominion). The big wheel lifts the table, if you didn't know that. This allows you to do things like drips/rebates on window cills with the blade only standing 1/4'' proud.

Only warning with this when I looked is that it has no writhing knife at the back of the blade. Having suffered a nasty injury WITH a writhing knife on a similar Wadkin (but there was too big a gap) I'd class that as thoughly dangerous unless one could be fitted. Sometimes the brackets have been broken off probably by similar pinching incidents.

It's surprising how sudden a 3' x 6" x 3" piece of oak can decide to pinch the blade and come back at the operator.....:ahhhhh: There's a lot of inertia with the motor and heavy 3' saw blade going up at this point.

codlasher

Edited by codlasher

I've got an Robinson EBT in the workshop currently set up with a 650mm 56 tooth ripping blade. I use it for ripping down 100 year old plus Oak beams.

It's a great machine, solidly built, heavy (1150 Kg I think) and powerful. You need a decent power supply as the 15 Hp motor draws some amount on startup or under strain. The Robinson has a rise and fall saw spindle instead of table which is by far a better option as I have infeed/outfeed rollers set up and they are not easy to set up correctly.

It rips through Oak beams with ease and this old Oak is like concrete. I don't have a riving knife on it at present and never had any problems..... I should fit it but keep forgetting.

It's a stunning machine, I think mine is 1973 so fairly old but the old kit is by far better then the new stuff, if a little less refined in operation. I paid £350 for mine, a total baragin and it paid for itself in the first month of use.

I'll try to get some pics tomorrow.......

@Stompy With your track record it might be an idea to get one fitted.

Can you mount a power feed to those big saws?

Ha, after my last little fight with a saw I'm a changed man, not only physically, a lot more careful nowand no rushing around..... but yep, must get it on.

You can get big old drive feeds, similar to those found on Stennar resaws but they are hard to find or silly expensive. I free hand the first cut anyway to get a straight edge so it could get in the way.

For me I want to climb for as long as I can, so I think it's very important to keep up to date with the latest gear, make the job as easy as possible for myself. When I get old I'll cut out the big trees, do some hedge cutting, grass cutting. I guess it helps that I'm not that money orientated so I'm not that bothered if I do a job at less pay either. That's my plan anyway haha

For me I want to climb for as long as I can, so I think it's very important to keep up to date with the latest gear, make the job as easy as possible for myself. When I get old I'll cut out the big trees, do some hedge cutting, grass cutting. I guess it helps that I'm not that money orientated so I'm not that bothered if I do a job at less pay either. That's my plan anyway haha

Wrong thread sorry lol