Insomnia....

Simon Rotheram

I find it difficult to shut off after a long stint of various work. Hedge trimming and general tree maintenance doesn't really do much for me now and so have given them up and concentrated more on timber milling which I still love after 3 years.

On the sleep front you can try dry hops and lavender in a sleep pillow... sort of works. Also yoga is pretty amazing for sorting out the mind and body if you're taught the right way but you need to have the discipline to do it.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

most of my work is garden blitzes and conifer bashing, so it isnt surprising i get bored, but it is regular money and keeps me working close to home..loads of contractors are fighting over the bigger tree work in surrounding areas so i dont want to work for nothing and wait ages for pay

I usually have no prob whatsoever of sleeping, in fact I may have a doze while typing this.

But lately with not working as much I sleep less and wake earlier, maybe a bit of stress but I reckon its just that I aint as knackered these days.

I've read quite a few things about sleep ie why we have to and the best expailination imo was the fact that sleeping kept us safe back when we were cavemen since were not very good at doing stuff in the dark.

It was explained just a little better than I have just attempted.:001_smile:

• 1 month later...

Yep Simon sounds like good old fashioned tree man stress to me ! When i was running my biz in Surrey I was usually awake at 5am every day or tossing and turning all night thinking about things that needed doing etc.

You need to delegate as much as possible and trust other people to get things down for you or you'll go mad, I very nearly had a nervous breakdown.

Now i just worry all night about things i have to sort out for Ed's firm lol !!

THERAPY!! have the balls to step up to the plate and admit there is a problem. some folk drink, some folk fight, some folk go to the gym. but all your problems are in your head and there is only 1 person incharge of that. go on try it, i did. i am wearing shorts, just had lunch with my wife and kids and now i am away to play on the mini loader up the yard, and i love checking my bank balance now, not run away from it. you are not alone guys, if not for yourself but for your family.:001_smile: