Insomnia....

Simon Rotheram

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was a 55 plate. Awesome tool, but i am used to driving swing shovels, which have the 'euro' controls. On a wheeled digger they are back to front, although on the newest machines there is a switch.....Soooooo much power though, and that 4in1 bucket is amazingly useful.

Sleep: The one thing that has foxed me for years now and have researched about the same # of years! Ditto re the lie-in; when you've got to be up it's a struggle and when you don't have to and could have a lie-in you can't - wake early and mind starts buzzing - every time.

Forcing myself to keep still sometimes works in the morning, otherwise it's tigger tigger bouncy bouncy and sod it, just get up.

Getting to sleep no problem (less than 60 secs typically) but saying asleep or getting a deep enough one is another matter. In my experience all the old grannies tales are true i.e. an hour before midnight is worth two after (gets you into a deeper sleep). This will of course be disputed by millions of other researchers but I subscribe to the above pre-midnight thing when I can. Sleep cycles are every 90 minutes and everyone should be getting 7.5 hours (endocryne system health). If you need more than 7.5 (I do), then 9 etc etc.

Sleep: The one thing that has foxed me for years now and have researched about the same # of years! Ditto re the lie-in; when you've got to be up it's a struggle and when you don't have to and could have a lie-in you can't - wake early and mind starts buzzing - every time.

Forcing myself to keep still sometimes works in the morning, otherwise it's tigger tigger bouncy bouncy and sod it, just get up.

Getting to sleep no problem (less than 60 secs typically) but saying asleep or getting a deep enough one is another matter. In my experience all the old grannies tales are true i.e. an hour before midnight is worth two after (gets you into a deeper sleep). This will of course be disputed by millions of other researchers but I subscribe to the above pre-midnight thing when I can. Sleep cycles are every 90 minutes and everyone should be getting 7.5 hours (endocryne system health). If you need more than 7.5 (I do), then 9 etc etc.

I had the usual 8 hours ish as went to bed about 9.30pm so not tired or worried. I was looking forward to a bit more of a casual day, ended up sat staring on here for the first hour waiting for the first member to join then sorted the banking out online! :001_smile:

i cant be bothered getting up most mornings, it is a struggle..this job doesnt excite me anymore, thats why i have to keep getting new bits of kit to make me interested..but at the weekends i cant wait to get up, i am like a little kid..i think its because i am relaxed and looking forward to doing something..saying that i didnt get up till just now.. lol

WOW I thought I was the only one . Weekends are cool until the neighbours start hedge cutting and mowing the lawns .Noise sensitive well after Ive finished work any loud or persistent noise is stress and more . Walking /Camping chills me out . Me and two friends are doing Hadrians wall , walk coast to coast 84 miles at the end of august 5days tenting .All welcome if any takers . SWB NEW KIT :001_smile::001_smile:

i cant be bothered getting up most mornings, it is a struggle..this job doesnt excite me anymore, thats why i have to keep getting new bits of kit to make me interested

I know that feeling well, you need to change direction mate before its too late, I did and so far haven't looked back.....

I know that feeling well, you need to change direction mate before its too late, I did and so far haven't looked back.....

tell me more lee, i have tried buying big kit, which is great for a while then i get bored, freelance climbing then get bored, taking on big jobs then get bored...i have more than i ever thought i would asset wise, and i have money in the bank but i strugle to find enjoyment in anything...that is why the last couple of shows have been great, meeting new guys and having a laugh, this site is a godsend for me because it is more like a hobby now, i used to get lost in my work, grafting all the time, but my back cant take too much, my life is my family now and that is all i want to do, spend time with my boys, but self employment always gets in the way, we go a run in the van and end up looking at work, i go to the cafe or shops, and i meet folk that ask me about work..that is how i earn a living because i just go and do it, not messing about, i can sometimes switch off but not very often..i need some more hypno relaxing i think, it has been a while:001_smile: