Cedar take down

edwood

Liked that and hit the subscribe button for future installments, that's not babying a saw it's just treating it well.

Only ob is groundys need lids on at ALL times and watch the angle of your side strop, once it the gets steeper drop it to the lower D's on the treemotion and it'll feel a lot more comfortable.

Let's see some better picture of the arm art

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a great video, good work there.

Bit of discussion really, at points towards the end when you were lowering down the large diameter stem to the back and you still had the main stem present offering a high lowering anchor point, in such situations i try and apply the methods used in crane work, utilising a high tip tie off, especially with the option of winding up the lowering device, simulating the crane, and cutting through the stem to allow a gentler disconnection of the holding fibres, i find it really reduces the swing effect. Do many others do this?

Comment made on video and my not being able to truly gauge angles within crown,of branch orientation etc.

Very accomplished climb that.

Edited by jaime bray

Cheers gents! yeh I know what you guys mean about the lids but I'm just a subbie climber, if it was my call it would be mandatory at all times. Although I'd like to point out this the my favourite company that i sub in to really efficient, hard working and generally safe if a little helmet shy:)

The reason I swapped from ddrt to Srt is just to try and bring it into the work place more. I use the zigzag mainly but rec climb srt and I'm trying to get used to it on the job by bringing it in where I get a chance without slowing things down

Re: helmets, it is your call, your the climber, your in control and responsible for those under you. Raise the point next time you are with the owner of the company you subby for as it will void any liability or employees liability you all have if something did happen and the person on the ground didn't have a helmet on.

jaime - yes i do that too, where possible, use the highest stem to top tie and remove other stems around it, thus removing shockloading from the system and adding more control. Also useful if the DZ is small and the opposite side of the tree than the stem you are knocking down.

I subscribed too, looking forward to more.

Nice vid! I wasn't expecting that after you asking for any pointers, but that's obviously just a great attitude to work with. Every days a school day ;) top job though, looked like a fun one too!

Edit: I can't see any fault in it either, but when I'm tying off a couple of branches at a time I prefer to clove hitch the first and then tie off the second. Saves carrying around slings/crabs. But then I don't really rig with slings anyway. Personal preference!

Edited by Mr. Squirrel