Price this up please.

Hats

Please give me your opinions on this job I have put a pic. It's just to remove the leaning part of the tree down to base, note there is a power cable running through a small road below and a telephone wire on the left bank under the tree. I'm thinking 4 guys one day.

What price do people think I think £600

Thanks guys

Btw two of the guys are just casual brash dragging labourers oh and all chips left on site

Several questions you need to ask yourself really.

1. Do you or anybody working for you have the correct traffic management qualifications to design/set up traffic management?

If not then you need to outsource this requirement for this job or get the tickets.

2. Have you checked the road traffic at various peak times of the day, enabling you to have a better understanding of the traffic management requirements?

For all we know there could be a blind bend behind the position you took the picture. The road resembles some roads around me that in a picture look harmless, but through local knowledge I know that they are a rat run and cars and large vans go very fast along them with out a worry in the world. To be confronted by a tree crew taking down a tree like this could possibly result in a crash or your crew getting injured.

3. Time wise, have you considered the time involved in contacting elec company and arranging cut offs etc? This may mean that the tree is in full leaf and consequently arising branch removal will be heavier. The manner in which you wish to do the job may change as you may not be able to hand held larger pieces as easily and you may have conflicts with phone wire and elec cable beyond what the job looks likely to have now.

4. Have you contacted the owner of the driveway nearby to see if you can utilise the drive, or maybe you can not block that drive at all. Your traffic management and the length of your workzone may be altered by this finding. This may affect your traffic management requirements.

If you deploy your own signage, you would be prudent to make sure that it is compliant with road traffic management guidelines, a few cones and a tree cutting sign will not protect you in court should anything go wrong.

5 Also worth considering, the labourers, will they need some induction to the site etc? Few ground rules of their duties and what not to do and when to do it. I could think of nothing worse on a site like that than having to worry about the labourers not having appropriate consideration or recognition of the site and wandering around aimlessly possibly resulting in climber causing himself or them injury through having to do a last second alteration to his work to avoid them, or a passing car having to take aversive action. All of this is taking time out of your allotted work time with elec cut off or peak traffic times for instance. Planning the job in situations like this is essential.

Really are so many elements to treework that asking for a price based on one picture and a little discussion can very quickly result in you being out of pocket or in court.

I recommend you assess the job with your professional knowledge and experience, price it accordingly, and go with it. only you know your business model and your expenses to break even and make profit. Yours are most likely to be different to ours, as is everybody else.

Good luck and enjoy

Edited by jaime bray

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also, all chip to be left on site! Where abouts? Doesn't look like there are to many reasonable places to chip such an amount of arising brash into. From the picture it looks like the chip would soon begin to fall/roll down the embankment. Or will you be chipping into wagon and tipping around the corner

Ex BT guy drops the line for £50.

Crash the leaning stem across the road.

Clear the stem off the road quickly before the Feds rock up, while the ex-BT guy reinstates the line.

Throw the stem logs on to the top in the verge, creating a valuable pile of Eco-habitat.

Go home.

Some people complicate things too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Clear the stem off the road quickly before the Feds rock up, while the ex-BT guy reinstates the line.

Throw the stem logs on to the top in the verge, creating a valuable pile of Eco-habitat.

Go home.

Took the words out of my mouth. :thumbup:

Go home.

As spoken since 1968. Although the saying 'do as I say not as I do' springs to mind

Edited by jaime bray

As spoken since 1968. í ½í¸ Although the saying 'do as I say not as I do' springs to mind í ½í¸

Hahaha!

You know it makes sense Jaime!

The incident with the bus full of orphans was ages ago.

It's called wisdom Newton.

You might get some when you grow a few pubes.