Looking for wood for woodturning

Ian Leach

As the title says really im looking for some wood so i can turn it into woodturning blanks, cherry, yew, oak, laburnum, robinia, anything really. It would be nice if its dry already, i know it might be a long shot as postage or travel will be the decider.

Thinking about buying in plank form and cutting to size myself, so far i have found scottish hardwoods on ebay which are reasonable price wise any help or links are appreiciated.

The reason i am asking is that i have just had about £200-£300 worth of woodturning blanks stolen, Its taken me about a year to dry out and ready for turning and some one has nicked them probably for a bit of fire wood:sad:.

The reason i am asking is that i have just had about £200-£300 worth of woodturning blanks stolen, Its taken me about a year to dry out and ready for turning and some one has nicked them probably for a bit of fire wood:sad:.

Oh for ****'s sake; we'll have to nail each log down soon. Sorry to hear that Ian.

If you're interested I'm due to drop a 3 years dead standing Monkey Puzzle in September; DBH must be 40". It's a fair way from you (West Sussex) but it's only a couple of hours drive. Would be happy to discuss minimising aggravation. PM if you like. Jon.

Sorry to hear you've had a break in... We've all suffered it. Anyway I have a pretty big supply of timber, much of it dry (I have a couple of kilns) so if you wanted to e-mail me [email protected].

I have cherry, elm, oak, ash, acacia, yew, holly, plenty spaulted beech...

I can do you a load of wood for £8-00 for each 25kg.

im felling a holly 2moro, ideal for turning but am in kent, also ive been clearing a woodland of ash and hornbeam but am selling on for cord lengths,let me know wot ya think, also hey rob d i bort a milling kit of you a while ago, its brilliant, cheers for that

Sorry to hear you've had a break in... We've all suffered it. Anyway I have a pretty big supply of timber, much of it dry (I have a couple of kilns) so if you wanted to e-mail me [email protected].

I have cherry, elm, oak, ash, acacia, yew, holly, plenty spaulted beech...

I can do you a load of wood for £8-00 for each 25kg.

What form is the timber in planked , thr round??