Courtesy Chipper? Greenmech Warranty issues

GregM

It doesn't matter how good a chipper is if the dealer back up if poor. This is something I will be checking with the new dealer before I buy my new chipper. I have never had any problems with Orange plant in the 10 years I have dealt with the Newcastle depot, Graham and Paul have always been there when I needed advice and help, now they don't sell Timberwolf anymore I will be finding a new dealer so I'm hoping they will offer the complete customer care package.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a supplier it is true warranty only covers the repair, sometimes not even the labour. Our warranty terms state that you are responsible for bringing the machine back to the depot for repair & we do not cover consequential loss.

That being said it is only a guide, probably for awkward customers. I cannot remember anyone ever bringing a machine to us but instead we will fetch it usually leaving a replacement FOC. The service is far more important than the machine, choose wisely!

My perspective on this - NOV 14 - had a non mechanical issue (towing bar locking onto tow ball) on my GM 130 purchased SEPT 14, Stressful morning as had 2 subbies on site & couldn't chip.

Got the impression when ringing OrangeP that personalities had moved around a bit and no-one was sure who was meant to help, however had a engineer from Peterborough up to my N Lincolnshire job within 2 hours for a full replacement - under warranty.

Not as full on as the OP has issues with, but I wanted to put forward my very positive dealing with Orange Plant. Service IS important and personally to date, I have no issues at all.

Russ

Edited by Hobbsurf

Down to greenmech to be fair.. They are the one who appointed orange as they would buy a lot of machines for there hire fleet.. Took dealership away from my local dealer olivers, although to be fair to greenmech they have let him order parts as there are times machine would of been down without his help.. As for orange , timberwolf withdrew there machines and in the short term greenmech will do well, but not in the long term.. Small minded buisness

To be fair to Greenmech they took away the dealership from a nearby firm because they were not treating customers fairly. They have the power and have used it in the past.

That's fair enough, but my local dealer would do what he could to get you running even if it meant taking a part off his own machines.. You can ask anyone up in the north:thumbup1:

Well Orange plant have pulled through this time. one of the service guys took the initiative and took the part of one of there own machines so I didn't have to wait for a new one to be delivered. At least some of them are helpful.