knew i should have bought a dolmar

Logrover

a mate only a week ago got his 560 back with a new oil pump fitted under warranty , by the afternoon same day he was back at the shop as it had stopped oiling . he has had two clutch centers fracture as well . when mine fractured it took the crank with it , another guy i know lost his crank too after clutch went . these saws arent tested before they go on sale by the right people . simple as . how many 560 users out there have the latest antivibe spring . its oval shaped . many will be on the old type if not used heavy because no one tells you about the mods

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a mate only a week ago got his 560 back with a new oil pump fitted under warranty , by the afternoon same day he was back at the shop as it had stopped oiling . he has had two clutch centers fracture as well . when mine fractured it took the crank with it , another guy i know lost his crank too after clutch went . these saws arent tested before they go on sale by the right people . simple as . how many 560 users out there have the latest antivibe spring . its oval shaped . many will be on the old type if not used heavy because no one tells you about the mods

Which AV spring is modified on the 560 ?

So i buy a nice new 372xpg, I run a 20" bar and fell the big stuff harvesters cannot handle.The saw has been used 4 days a week for 2 months cutting trees double/treble its bar length. Using roughly 7-8 litres fuel a day. On thursday the oil tank caved i and spat all the oil out the front, it has a 2p sized hole in the case. Its been taken back to the shop under warranty and im just hoping that they repair it or il really kick off with husky.

I thought i was buying a solid tried and tested saw but clearly its not up to proper forestry use, i think the build quality is shocking and at the expense of thinning the casing for weight savings they cannot handle proper use.

I am very disappointed. my previous 560 was even worse. I will not buy another husky, had enough.

My next saw will be a dolmar 7900. I have a second hand one and it been really good, feels much less fragile.

I hope to get the husky repaired and sell it before it falls apart again! :sneaky2:

Hi log rover out of interest what chainsaw dealer do you use. From time to time I do work up around the Carlisle and Penrith area. I've used wm plant since Dougie Ivinson at Melmerby closed the doors.

the one next to the tank its the second modded spring as the first new springs still snapped , so thats three different springs out there that are fitted to 560s . my shop only found out by looking at a new saw as husky didnt tell them about it . great isnt it

Sounds similar to the latest spring for the T540 . Trouble is its no good beefing up the spring on that as the mount is the weak part . Pants .

Sounds similar to the latest spring for the T540 . Trouble is its no good beefing up the spring on that as the mount is the weak part . Pants .

the shop mentioned a hot start mod for the 540t like they did on the 560 , does yours have that and the new spring as mine has not , only found out last week about them

the shop mentioned a hot start mod for the 540t like they did on the 560 , does yours have that and the new spring as mine has not , only found out last week about them

Mine has never been a problem to start and it runs very strong . The rear AV spring mount broke causing the saw to fall in half . A lot of damaged plastics . Just got it back now but not used it in anger . will be very gentle with it now .

I use ace fixing, steve used to work there was brilliant, but they pissed him off and he left, he was setting up himself with help from doug but I lost his number!

hmm my dolmar 7900 was bought second hand, 2003 vintage, same day that went out of tune and would nt idle but i have had problems with it since i bought it off ebay! I got it as a test to see if i liked it and i do,would like to try a new one.

I think anything is worth a go. Im not paying 700+ for an unreliable husky when there are cheaper alternatives!

But in theory these saws are all built to be used commercially with a yrs warranty, if they dont last they are not fit for purpose and should be repaired. This remains to be seen however!

When i did arb stuff years ago i did nt have issues as you hardly use any fuel compared to felling all day!

I run Dolmars now 3 saws got them new from Germany , all the 7900 does is get dumped, buried into stumps, the base of trees, all the time, starts every second pull, first choke out then its away, then dumped into a stump, the places no one really wants to put a saw, so i really rate them. Far better than a 66, for some reason my old Stihl was not as good.