110 Tipper - Which Spring/shock/rollbar setup?

Suffolk-Matt

I run bearmach +2" heavy duty on the rear with assisters with boge shocks, it's not really the ideal setup as it's as hard as heck but takes the weight well, when I get a chance I will fit some proper air assisters (tried the crappy britpart ones) and put the original landy springs back in.

Only reason I have done it that way is there is a slight body clearance issue when it was fully loaded on standard springs.

Matt is your Landy GVW 3500t or 3050t Mine is 3050 and I'm having to upgrade chassis and suspension and get it replated through DVLA just wondered if you had to do this as well and if you did any tips?

Can I ask why you had to strengthen the chassis, both versions are on the same chassis.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I run bearmach +2" heavy duty on the rear with assisters with boge shocks, it's not really the ideal setup as it's as hard as heck but takes the weight well, when I get a chance I will fit some proper air assisters (tried the crappy britpart ones) and put the original landy springs back in.

Only reason I have done it that way is there is a slight body clearance issue when it was fully loaded on standard springs.

Can I ask why you had to strengthen the chassis, both versions are on the same chassis.

I haven't done mine yet just at the start and have been reading/speaking to people who suggest that the 3500 has a few extra strengthening plates along the top and bottom of the chassis rails which allow for the extra weight plus the shocks and springs will need to be upgraded. After this it's just a case of sending the log book of to DVLA with the changes and a new stamped plate.

I haven't done mine yet just at the start and have been reading/speaking to people who suggest that the 3500 has a few extra strengthening plates along the top and bottom of the chassis rails which allow for the extra weight plus the shocks and springs will need to be upgraded. After this it's just a case of sending the log book of to DVLA with the changes and a new stamped plate.

As far as I am aware the extra plates were on utility company special spec chassis, I went through this when I renewed my utility spec chassis with a new galv chassis, I spent ages trying to find one, only to find that it is a kit that is added to a standard chassis as an option, some army landies also have it fitted.

They also have bump stop extenders on the front axle of a 3500kg but they are stupidly expensive and not really necessary, if you are bothered about it fit a set of Terrafirma extended stops in their place, it's way cheaper.

Terrifirma all the way. Britpart are usually **** although my britpart shocks were fine...

I generally am a firm believer in that, however we have recently discovered major flaws on some genuine land rover parts used on a full engine rebuild.

Not impressed at all is an understatement.