Tip tie rigging with the x rigging rings.

Adam Bourne

Jay. I got quite a few from treekit. Reasonably priced and he does the Tenex aswell to make the slings.

I made a 4.5 metre whoopie with the beast rings.

Cheers rich. So basically you have to buy the rings for say £15 or so then splice/attach the sling, do they not come as one unit all ready to go?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have this as my top anchor but really depending on what angles I can create with the LXRR to make it easy.

[ATTACH]174975[/ATTACH]

And a little chart for you mate :)

[ATTACH]174976[/ATTACH]

The beast ring is not on this chart!

Nice one cheers mate I'll have to do a bit of research into them!

Cheers rich. So basically you have to buy the rings for say £15 or so then splice/attach the sling, do they not come as one unit all ready to go?

Basically mate, yes. A bit more than 15 quid though.

The beast rings are very large and can handle 19mm rope easily. Just for reference the yellow tenex on the woopie I made is 19mm. All in all though the cost is far less than a 19mm impact block and deadeye to connect it with.

I really like it but a load of the firms I sub for have a Krab permanently attached to the rigging line with the tightest Fishermans knot known to man.. When I have my own rigging kit I reckon I'll own a set for sure..

My thoughts exactly. Every time I have to take the karabiner off the rigging line gets shorter by a foot or so!

I really like it but a load of the firms I sub for have a Krab permanently attached to the rigging line with the tightest Fishermans knot known to man.. When I have my own rigging kit I reckon I'll own a set for sure..

That's easy just carry a shape knife where ever you go! Haaa!

Only ever temporary put a bina on my ropes when I see the need to. Otherwise there off and it's back to hitches :)

Basically mate, yes. A bit more than 15 quid though.

The beast rings are very large and can handle 19mm rope easily. Just for reference the yellow tenex on the woopie I made is 19mm. All in all though the cost is far less than a 19mm impact block and deadeye to connect it with.

I did a little comparing here just to give people a little insight :)

😊

LXRR that's the seconded biggest 28x20, compared to the pinto rig.

Pinto....weight 159g

LXRR.... 120g

Pinto.... Max rope Dia 16mm

LXRR.... 28mm

Pinto.....strength 50kn MBS

LXRR..... Unsure of the MBS but a

SWL of 6400kg

Pinto......bend ratio of 30mm

LXRR...... 31mm

Max spicing diameter

Pinto... 14mm

LXRR....20mm