Stihlmadd vids

stihlmadd

those gloves... just because they are good or for wrist support :confused:

G'day Gray git yeh the gloves get a few questions,

I choose open fingers or fingerless whatever you prefer to call 'em the gloves are anti vibe and have wrist support made by the yanks, company is called PIP and the gloves are called maxi tech.

Swing dude thinks they are the ugliest gloves he has ever seen but swing is a cool dude and like I explained to him tree work is not a beauty competiton.:001_tt2:

critters can be a problem if your not watching out for them, had any of them encounters? oh yeah one or two.

possums come it two kinds the small ones with needle like teeth and the big one with needle like teeth - both have the unnerving tendency of running up things when threatened and if you are the nearest high point around then they run up you. at least I have never been pissed on by one only bitten as I fling him or her into the abyss....know a bloke who copped it full in the face when doing bucket work that was funny :big grin:

haven't been torn open by a koala though I know a bloke who tried pulling one out of a tree and ended up in casualty getting stitches, real decent claws and very strong stocky little buggers koalas, not so friendly when getting evicted being night workers and all that. nearly got pissed on by one last year , got about a two litre bladder by my guess.

there is a great assortment of ants which all bite, miniature scorpions and centipedes and spiders in the trees, the white tip spider is the one I watch out for as it causes flesh eating necrosis with it's bite very nasty.

then snakes which don't dwell in trees in this state thank goodness there is enough of them on the ground.

and some species of bird like to have a go around nesting season which can be a great laugh when they repeatedly swoop you while cutting :thumbup:

so a few beasties to be aware of from time to time when climbing there is the european wasp well established here now which competes with the honey bee and the paper wasp for your attention as well to contend with day to day.

hope that fills out the picture.

cheers for watching the vids there is more but I feel that the ones I put up are better edits etc Ben.

Mark from Ace told me about the drop bears, who drop on yer head and tear you up. You know anyone thats happened to mate? :)

G'day Jesse, you still in NZ or headed back to the warmer climes of germany?

hope it was a good break with the friends and family.

cheers for the coooee.

Back in europe mate , those three weeks shot by so fast.

hope you had a good new years bro , I'm looking forward to the next instalment of smash down productions .

Ps I'm finally getting into this video stuff bro, I should be getting a new vid up in the next couple of weeks.

enjoyed the megapine video bet you were glad to finish that one.

Thank you very much Scott.

yes after 8 days slog to get that girl down to approx 80 feet of trunk, I felt a great relief when the last top section was gone and I looked out to the ocean.

then I made the mistake of turning around to the sister tree Megapine 2 and promptly dismissed the thought and went back to enjoying the last sail down.

yep 6 months later I was back thankfully only to prune this time. :001_smile:

cheers for sticking it out tis a long vid and will probably be the biggest tree I ever tackle so the music is overdramatic on purpose but seriously a marathon of a climb :thumbup:

Ben.

Thank you very much Scott.

yes after 8 days slog to get that girl down to approx 80 feet of trunk, I felt a great relief when the last top section was gone and I looked out to the ocean.

then I made the mistake of turning around to the sister tree Megapine 2 and promptly dismissed the thought and went back to enjoying the last sail down.

yep 6 months later I was back thankfully only to prune this time. :001_smile:

cheers for sticking it out tis a long vid and will probably be the biggest tree I ever tackle so the music is overdramatic on purpose but seriously a marathon of a climb :thumbup:

Ben.

Ye the overdramatic music worked well I thought, as like you say it's certainly not your every day size tree. I can imagine your reliaf when it was down on the deck. Didn't realise there was a megapine 2 I'll watch that tonight. :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...