Ropewrench ascending through crotches - help!

If that's the case, could try spending a bit of time with the throwline to get a route that doesn't involve nasty bits of climbing?

It was a bugger to bag a high anchor at all.

With hindsight I should have gone lower with a better route then climbed to a higher TIP.

I still haven't got my head round advancing SRT anchors quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a bugger to bag a high anchor at all.

With hindsight I should have gone lower with a better route then climbed to a higher TIP.

I still haven't got my head round advancing SRT anchors quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I meant once you've got your high point, couldn't you have pulled either end up and down to get a cleaner route?

Having a ring on the end of the line makes TIP advancing easier. You can push a bight through the ring and clip into it, much quicker and easier than tying in and out. This way can also be made retrievable, so you can advance beyond reaching distance of it, then bring it to where you are.

If its a really tight crotch that wont talk your full weight you can use a prussic the otherside of the redirect onto your line, then lanyard into that so your weight stays in the rope, then pass the system through the fork..

• 4 weeks later...

[ame]

[/ame]

skip to 2mins.. or suck it up and climb up thru the branch :) he does make a bit of a meal of it though. I just clip into the prussic and disconnect my system and throw it over the fork

Edited by BenR