Warning, Suffolk area

woodpile

Just a heads up, had a young lad on my drive craning to see over my back fence.

Confronted him, wearing my slippers while recovering from viral gastroenteritis. Seems he was over from Ireland doing some work and mistook my drive for my front path. (Not an easy mistake to make) Oh and also did I want to buy a diesel generator?

I am not really in business although I do have a slightly battered Ranger on the drive. Mrs car was there as well, it was barely dusk. Gave him my thoughts and he trotted off to the passenger seat in a stantard 2 windows and a windscreen silver transit type van and went away. He hadnt followed me. I had been bed/toilet bound for the previous two days...

Didn't get the make/model but defo transit shape, no reg as it was behind a hedge and as I said I was in my slippers. Felixstowe area.

They going around this area trying to sell generators and chainsaws they just approach anyone with 4x4 or farmer types I wouldn't worry about it unless you actually buy a crap piece equipment off them the generators only but out 60watts and chainsaws look like made of cheese

A few posts on Facebook from back home, 2 Irish guys selling chainsaws and generators from "a (transit) connect van with blue writing- A (something) van hire" and posts of people noticing the coincidence of the travelling fraternity being in the area and rise in break ins, and heating oil theft.

Snape, Aldeburgh, Woodbridge and Leiston area

I came across what sounds like the same two Irish guys in Hadleigh Suffolk this morning. Whilst sitting in my landrover in traffic they pulled alongside me and asked if I wanted to buy some Stihl saws. I told them where to stick their stolen saws which they didn't like.

They were in a small white enterprise hire can think it was a peugeot didn't get registration

I just came across a thread on a landrover page exactly the same as this. The same guys seem to be covering a fairly big area in various hire vans. There was some pictures that someone took of them and passed to the police. They were the same guys I came across. They have been seen being nosey around property's as well so we all need to be careful