advice please

Will Ayers

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"how much will you earn daily with the full time job, 100quid ish??"

I WISH, if that were the case then id bite their hand off, that sort of steady salary for a guy like me just out of college would be pukka

no there offering me about £65 a day after tax. that is why i had the doubts in the first place

I loved line clearance, but then I like clear parameters.:001_smile:

I love take downs because you know when you've finished, with pruning jobs there is always the "can you just take a bit more off":mad1:.

Line clearance is the same, once you have got the clearance, your done.:001_cool:

But thats just me :001_smile:

I loved line clearance, but then I like clear parameters.:001_smile:

I love take downs because you know when you've finished, with pruning jobs there is always the "can you just take a bit more off":mad1:.

Line clearance is the same, once you have got the clearance, your done.:001_cool:

But thats just me :001_smile:

i have worked lines before and i agree with you to a point, line clearance can be rewarding, but i found it quite samey, and i hated mullering nice trees like big veterans, its ok for a while and then i start getting depressed

Funny but I find myself in the same position as you in some respects. In short I would say be brave and go for the work and job you feel is right. I have spent 28 years in architecture and have always wanted to work with trees. I know architecture will pick up again but I have not been happy in it for years. My choice is like yours and I will now take a risk and go for what I really want to do and be happy in my work. Being happy is priceless. Reading through this great website I see so many people happy in thier work.

"how much will you earn daily with the full time job, 100quid ish??"

I WISH, if that were the case then id bite their hand off, that sort of steady salary for a guy like me just out of college would be pukka

no there offering me about £65 a day after tax. that is why i had the doubts in the first place

£65 a day after tax for someone who has just left college with little experience is a good wage IMO.As that will be a take home pay of £325 a week,

There are some jobs out there at present not even near that on top line.

But as the lads have said go with your heart,I love doing proper arb but the wages arent that good at present hence why ive gone back to utility.

£65 a day after tax for someone who has just left college with little experience is a good wage IMO.As that will be a take home pay of £325 a week,

There are some jobs out there at present not even near that on top line.

But as the lads have said go with your heart,I love doing proper arb but the wages arent that good at present hence why ive gone back to utility.

im not saying its a bad wage im just struggling to want to cut lines on that, espescially when i have a higher potential earning when working self employed and as you say its what i would prefer to do. in six months time i'll know for sure but i dare say that it'll be too late by then

Will,I was earning £320 a week before tax in 2003 & i had loads of experience & qualifications back then. Yeah you can earn alot more self employed but with can you guarentee enough work to keep you living comfortably? I hope you can & say good luck & take my hat of to you.