Top handled saws?

bumble B

Joe..Just spoke to Buxtons about getting our 201 upgraded..

They say providing it falls within the designated serial numbers they will do it free....

We're putting it through in a couple of weeks..

I'll let you know what the serial numbers are when we do it..

Are you local to them then?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe..Just spoke to Buxtons about getting our 201 upgraded..

They say providing it falls within the designated serial numbers they will do it free....

We're putting it through in a couple of weeks..

I'll let you know what the serial numbers are when we do it..

Good to know, let me know how it goes.

Mines developed a couple of small round holes in the exhaust, I hope this won't affect anything.

Thanks for the replys so far guys to be honest I've had enough of Stihl. The top handle is my bread and butter, for the 201t to be such shite is a bit of a swift kick. I changed my ground saws to Husqy 395 and 560 which are both excellent. I will probably get the Husqy top but want to know more about the build quality from other owners and also more about the Echo saws.

Keep em coming please it is much appreciated.

We've got four huskies and it's a rare occurence that they're all running, I guess we've had em about a year and they've had all sorts of problems some operator fault and some because they're not really robust enough.

I know people say clip em up and dont drag em about but I've not treated them any different to the stihls and they all survived.

At the mo we've one without a bar cause it fell apart and one that stalls every time you finish a cut.

We've got four huskies and it's a rare occurence that they're all running, I guess we've had em about a year and they've had all sorts of problems some operator fault and some because they're not really robust enough.

I know people say clip em up and dont drag em about but I've not treated them any different to the stihls and they all survived.

At the mo we've one without a bar cause it fell apart and one that stalls every time you finish a cut.

That's not good. Is the stalling anything to do with auto tune?

I'd rather have a less powered saw than a saw I can't use because it falls apart.

My 201t is underpowered and flimsy. A chunk came of the flimsy filter cover when bringing through a Coni', the handle broke when it tumbled through a hedge for refuelling.

The echo beats the Husqybanana at the mo'.

If you had four 200ts it would be a miracle if they all worked as well.

I used to bring in my own 200 so I would not get lumbered with a dog, should not of had too but there was always saws that never ran right, if lots of people are using them unfortunatly that is usually the case.

That's not good. Is the stalling anything to do with auto tune?

I'd rather have a less powered saw than a saw I can't use because it falls apart.

My 201t is underpowered and flimsy. A chunk came of the flimsy filter cover when bringing through a Coni', the handle broke when it tumbled through a hedge for refuelling.

The echo beats the Husqybanana at the mo'.

No idea why it stalls so frequently, I'm strictly an end user, if it breaks someone else fixes it.

If the air filters even lightly dirty it's alot worse but still not good even if its clean.

I was going to get two of each but the dealer who I've known for donkeys said go for the Huskies.