Green Party on a green surge....

SteveA

If we were to go properly green... do you think we'd still _make_ laptops, tablets, smartphones - a global comms infrastructure and city sized datacentres running web sites and search engines? Would we be generating enough electriciity to run them? Would ArbTalk exist and be acessible?

Would we still make and run cars trucks chippers and chainsaws? LR's even?

Would you even still be able to get Silkys made in energy intensive proceses abroad and shipped or airfreighted here... or have to rely on saws made by your local blacky?

True Green sounds nice... at first.

(Time to crawl back into my bunker.)

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

pink paper subscriber only, but can backdoor it through google sometimes

trouble with greens is they aren't geared up for the easiest solution, immigration caps and family planning laws.

The only real wealth is in natural resources, in the land, the more people there are to divide it up between the more cosy it becomes

Politicians talk economic growth, but environmental sustainability is worth considering.

We are so lucky to be alive now, it's going to be a sh1t tip in a few centuries if population expansion continues. Medical science has brought much joy, but also caused a few problems.

Labour would pay the poor to breed like rabbits, so maybe I'll vote green or con, otherwise it means not voting at all, probably even worse

pink paper subscriber only, but can backdoor it through google sometimes

trouble with greens is they aren't geared up for the easiest solution, immigration caps and family planning laws.

The only real wealth is in natural resources, in the land, the more people there are to divide it up between the more cosy it becomes

Politicians talk economic growth, but environmental sustainability is worth considering.

We are so lucky to be alive now, it's going to be a sh1t tip in a few centuries if population expansion continues. Medical science has brought much joy, but also caused a few problems.

Labour would pay the poor to breed like rabbits, so maybe I'll vote green or con, otherwise it means not voting at all, probably even worse

Don't vote Tory Tree-Fancier,

They've had their chance - Its time for a change, go green! :thumbup:

Labour would pay the poor to breed like rabbits,

I think you'll find that the "greens" aren't much different, and they're committed to keeping the borders open as well.

Hopefully during the course of the campaign someone will ask them directly how that ties in with their ethos of environmental sustainability.

I think you'll find that the "greens" aren't much different, and they're committed to keeping the borders open as well.

Hopefully during the course of the campaign someone will ask them directly how that ties in with their ethos of environmental sustainability.

As much as anything Wrsni I think a vote for a 'minor' party is a vote for democracy, hence the rapid expansion in membership of the Greens when the broadcasters decided not to give them a platform. Its the Great British public refusing to be pushed around and told what to do. That has to be a good thing :biggrin:

IMO, the whole "Green" thing is hog wash! Even if we turned off all our modern technology and the whole country went back to living live cave men it would make no difference at all on a global scale.

The green wash we see all around us is about additional taxation, jobs for the boys and nice handouts for those with enough cash to invest in the required infrastructure, be that turbines, solar panels, etc.

Its also about many people wishing to take the moral high ground, making out they are better than others because they have a hybrid car and recycle, yet they choose to over look the flights they take:sneaky2:

As much as anything Wrsni I think a vote for a 'minor' party is a vote for democracy,

Well I suppose that's hard to argue with, certainly looks like a properly interesting election due to so many variables, and those variables can only be manifest if people embrace the concept of change.

As far as protecting the environment goes however, I reckon you'll do much more good by looking after that lovely little woodland of yours than by voting "Green".

Well I suppose that's hard to argue with, certainly looks like a properly interesting election due to so many variables, and those variables can only be manifest if people embrace the concept of change.

As far as protecting the environment goes however, I reckon you'll do much more good by looking after that lovely little woodland of yours than by voting "Green".

I have to agree with you on all of that Wrsni, very true :thumbup:

Our local paper had a front page item this week, focussing on the recent past, current and ongoing outgoing Concils "SPEND" as the blow ALL their reserves, so as to merge with their neighbours (to form the new "super" Councils) with nowt but DEBT.

As investigated by the Taxpayers Alliance, also as predicted my myself for the last 3 or 4 years.

FFS!!