Experiences of eucalyptus

Farmerdowling

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I split about 6 bulk bags of the stuff by hand. It was cut into rings about 14 inches long. It was only when I started splitting it I realised is had a really big twist in it. I don't think a single piece split cleanly. It was green at the time and only took 1 year to season.

The maul did bounce off a few of the pieces and they got put through the saw bench.

The bark was really good for kindling.

just dont burn it in an open fire, for all that eucy is benificial when in "medicines and things", the smoke of it can be very irritating to both eyes and chest, the wood remains quite oily when dry and it burns really well, if a little hot

Well it's all split - now I just need one of the kids to misbehave so I can punish them by stacking everything! Spent too much time lately sitting on my butt so I'm going to hurt in the morning...

Well if my three little monkeys are anything to go by you'll have that wood stacked in the morning:lol:

Bugger! The pile of unstacked logs ensured a weekend of good behaviour from my 2 oldest kids but luckily this new made a mess while eating so got roped in!

Still not sure on using the bark as kindling - it's really thick and fibrous but how long will it take to dry? Is it worth the hassle?

WP_002741.jpg.f46170e46631533c1d74dd81c83494ce.jpg

Bugger! The pile of unstacked logs ensured a weekend of good behaviour from my 2 oldest kids but luckily this new made a mess while eating so got roped in!

Still not sure on using the bark as kindling - it's really thick and fibrous but how long will it take to dry? Is it worth the hassle?

He looks keen enough but I don't reckon he'll be the fastest :laugh1: