Qvatrees

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fixed that for you:laugh1:

Have you had one ? Only I have and it was no problem at all and used off road in anger, now my mates got it in a RRC but no longer useing it the engine was brought new from states and only covered about 7000 miles from new & could be for sale £1000

LPG will help a bit, but its when you start it in the mornings and it's running on chock at 4mpg until it warms & switchs over to LPG your paying the price mate rover V8,s are so bad on petrol/gas with no advantage when a diesel is better on mpg power & reliably

Biggest problem with lpg and v8s is when the cam chain wears. It isn't adjustable and throws the timing out between the crank and cam. The tolerances widen to a point where they become really inefficient and won't let the gas combust effectively. often a v8 that runs poorly on gas but ok on petrol will just need a new cam chain ;) 15mpg should be achievable. Mine hasn't been in double figures for a while now :(

12 mpg is still a lot of anything!!!

Yes you are not wrong!

But LPG is 65p a litre which helps.

I am planning on replacing the cam and chain straight off and sorting the electric side to make sure it is running right.

But as I said I am getting it because I want one - I didn’t say it made any sense!

LPG will help a bit, but its when you start it in the mornings and it's running on chock at 4mpg until it warms & switchs over to LPG your paying the price mate rover V8,s are so bad on petrol/gas with no advantage when a diesel is better on mpg power & reliably

Mine started and ran on lpg from cold

Qvatrees ya gunna show us a few pics of this beast please ? If yer running air brakes are you legally allowed to tow 4,200 KG instead of 3,500 ?? Air brakes on a pickup and an airbraked ifor williams trailer wood be noice.

Sounds like ya shud do a cheap and simple chip box conversion and keep her as a back up veeeehickle.