The end of firewood?

Joy Yeomans

I do some times wonder if I would of been better sticking with the splitter and buying over size in cheep.

Sod that - get one of the monster splitters from the States. There are so many models out there that split 36". They aren't that fast, but have to be quicker than a chainsaw and splitter.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sod that - get one of the monster splitters from the States. There are so many models out there that split 36". They aren't that fast, but have to be quicker than a chainsaw and splitter.

Have you seen the price of that gear though.

I'm happy with my Thor and tajfun. If anything I need a little processor to do the sub 6 inch should of kept the farmi

Have you seen the price of that gear though.

I'm happy with my Thor and tajfun. If anything I need a little processor to do the sub 6 inch should of kept the farmi

I know. The big circular saw processors are awesome but much more expensive than big hydraulic mills (which is daft as they can't produce the same value of product).

I quite like this one:

TurnerFirewood Processor

Not the quickest, but cheap, well made and Bill at Turnermills is open to customisation (I spoke to them for a while before settling on Logmaster).

I know. The big circular saw processors are awesome but much more expensive than big hydraulic mills (which is daft as they can't produce the same value of product).

I quite like this one:

TurnerFirewood Processor

Not the quickest, but cheap, well made and Bill at Turnermills is open to customisation (I spoke to them for a while before settling on Logmaster).

I'm no nothing about mills j but a big circular can churn out big volume 15 cube plus an hour constantly if your at the lowest price for firewood that's 2k an hour would a saw mill do that?

I'm no nothing about mills j but a big circular can churn out big volume 15 cube plus an hour constantly if your at the lowest price for firewood that's 2k an hour would a saw mill do that?

No, but my mill only cost £20k. If every day was a good day, it turns £800-1000 worth of raw material into £5000 of sawn product (final, kilned value). Minimal running costs, one man day of labour and also not having to deal with firewood customers! :laugh1:

We can all produce endless firewood/sawn timber - it's the selling of it that is tricky!