Aarrow Stoves Anyone?

robkay

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Jon, they aren't cheap but no more than any of the other top quality stoves. If you ring around there's plenty of places selling them at discount (much to the annoyance of Clearview I expect). I think they take some beating if u want a clean burning stove that let's u see the fire without having to clean the glass every other day. They definitely aren't the best looking stove on the market! You pay yer money and take yer choice!

Hi Jon, they aren't cheap but no more than any of the other top quality stoves. If you ring around there's plenty of places selling them at discount (much to the annoyance of Clearview I expect). I think they take some beating if u want a clean burning stove that let's u see the fire without having to clean the glass every other day. They definitely aren't the best looking stove on the market! You pay yer money and take yer choice!

Hi COMMANDO I'm trying to get euro heat Harmony 3 for dad there the rolls-Royce of stoves thanks John

I have sold stoves for 6 years now. Last winter the Ecoburn 5 F Plus was my most popular stove. IT has a lifetime casing warranty and touch wood I have never had any sort of warranty issue from any Arada ( Aarrow/Villager/Stratford) stove and I sold around 50k of them last winter.

Stoves these days have to meet efficiency ratings, they also have to meet ever tighter emissions regs.

Shutting a stove right down causes the fire to smoulder, much increased emissions, increased soot and tars in the flue due to incomplete and low temperature combustion.

So these days stove manufacturers set their stoves up to have a small supply of air coming in, this prevents the above problems but does not generally allow overnight burnings. But in these days of central heating is this essential.

For extended burns use Anthracite, personally if i fill the stove with larger lamps of ash at 10pm then pop some lumps of anthracite over the top then I can't put my hand on it at 6am having closed it down by about 25%.

Clearview are a perfectly decent stove by and large, the Ecoburn 5 is better, cooler touch door handle option, larger glass, more efficient, better warranty. Both if they were cars would be Fords or Vauxhalls, not the most advanced technically but good solid value for money.

Ecoburn 5 is now available in a couple of colours from earlier this month.

A