19'' or bigger mower suggestions

carpenter1

Are you a private individual or are you going to be contracting with it?

An Izy is a good mower if you've one place to cut.. But may be not the best if you've 10-15 places to get round in a day.

Some contractors simply disconnect the self drive on them as you can push them faster as the self drive is terribly slow for contract work.

However for the if speed isn't high on the list the one that I've used in the past is still going strong and it must be about 10-15 years old.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you a private individual or are you going to be contracting with it?

An Izy is a good mower if you've one place to cut.. But may be not the best if you've 10-15 places to get round in a day.

Some contractors simply disconnect the self drive on them as you can push them faster as the self drive is terribly slow for contract work.

However for the if speed isn't high on the list the one that I've used in the past is still going strong and it must be about 10-15 years old.

you don't need to do that ,honda for quite sometime have been turning there engines down to be in line with noise levels etc just adjust the throttle screw so it is higher revs this creates more electricity to the drive motor and it goes faster

i've done this on a mulch/side chute Izy because the drive was so slow, I now doubt that anyone can move as fast as it without running

but there's a warning don't over rev it you'll could blow the engine

Yes it will be used commercially,

I have heard the hondas are slow.

Do you think its worth considering used, or will it be a minefield of abused machines

Thanks for your suggestions, I will look in to them

depends on how much you pay for them but they are a minefield,a friend of mine bought a lawnflite 21 in deck less than a year old (roller ) it was a ex man utd machine and had only been used to pick up the small sods after each match so 1-2 hours a week he had been running it less than a season when the bearings in the roller went going to cost him £200 plus so you take your chances (think he paid £400-£500 in the first place)

do you have to leave a stripe ? (roller ) or will a 4 wheel mower do ?

will it be used all week, once a week etc etc

have a look at the masport there quite heavy but i have had one 7-8 years

no gear box, has belt drive from engine to electic motor that drives a chain on the rear roller

not had any major work done to it all bits and pieces has been used upto 5 days a week in this period so lots of hours of use

the price is lower than other brands by hundreds of pounds but is still pretty robust , the simpler the machine the less it has to go wrong with it , but as soon as you put a roller on it it's going to be more expensive from original cost to the repairs

and at 1 day a week it's only going to be working about 30hours a month ,10 months tops a year 300 hours in a year at most

thats like 2 months work for a real gardener so you can see how long it's going to last