Bulk Bagging Logs

briquette_seller

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He will make more in 900 x 900 bags at a guess I would say he can get £90 each but not £180 for a 1.8 loose load

As opposed to delivering one bulk load in one hit? Surely the logistics are far more profitable as opposed to driving around delivering multiple small loads. £180 for 1.8 m3 load, if a genuine load that being said and seasoned, it is a good price for the consumer.

Edited by Tom87
fat fingers

As opposed to delivering one bulk load in one hit? Surely the logistics are far more profitable as opposed to driving around delivering multiple small loads. £180 for 1.8 m3 load, if a genuine load that being said and seasoned, it is a good price for the consumer.

Lot of the time Joe Public get put off by the £180 price tag whether it's a good deal or not. £80 sounds a lot more appealing to most people.

Your more likely to sell smaller loads and a 900 by 900 bag is a builders bag so 2or 3 on delivery and 4 /6 on trailer . We offer multiple loads but most new customers are going for 900 x 900 which suits us as we can sell them at £95

I do bagged and loose.

9 out of 10 new customers buy in bulk bags, and if they can accommodate loose tipped, I then promote that for the next delivery.

This time of year, I have alot of customers who buy 1 bulk bag a year, mainly for Christmas. Its usually a winner, because I end up getting the whole street to deliver too.

You're right, I suppose moving large £180 loads means spending too much capital for the vast majority of customers.

You've already got a box rotator which is a massive bonus and since you've got such a hefty stock I'd personally bite the bullet and buy a hopper, the rustier the better as long as it works. Have a bagging frame (like the fulewood one) fabricated unless you can weld yourself, it would cost next to nothing. At the end of the season if you no longer want them give them a lick of paint and put them on ebay.

I have a few potato boxes I use with my box rotator and found filtering smaller loads out the box a lot easier by strapping a large sheet of ply over the top, covering approx 70% of the top. That should stop too many logs pouring into the hopper overfilling the bag.