Greemech 220

Mountain man

Thing is once you break past 750kg you might as well blast past.

Convert me! My old greenmech chipmaster just died (something terrible and unexpected gone wrong with the engine after years of good service).

Im about to make a new thread on what to get. Its gonna have to be on finance or a wonder deal as im youngish and new ish in my buisness but going well. I have the B+E licence and a smiley transit and was going to go for the sub 750kg greenmech diesel as my town is very hilly but im intrigued about your thoughts on smashing the 750kg barrier! do you really find it that much better for genral tree work? (I do all sorts all over greater manchester). I'l make my new thread, cheers

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had bigger chippers years ago but found the TW brilliant in most circumstances, in fact I'm going to keep it as I can afford to now!

My work these days is mostly take downs and conny hedge removals and something heavier built and more powerful was in order.

if I had to have a new 230 TW I'd be ok with that, but the option to keep the 150 and have a 55hp machine as well was too good to resist.

As an aside if it's the old 90 hp transit you'll struggle to pull a bigger chipper. My 98 tranny was fine with the 750 kg TW but any thing bigger and you'll be up and down the box like nobodies business.

Edited by Mountain man

• 1 month later...

As a finishing point/update I'll tell you how it all went.

We had some teething troubles, nothing untoward, had to replace some very worn blades, tickle up the rollers with a grinder, change all the oils, there was an issue with the stress control so we replaced a solenoid.

It now is the remorseless, voracious beast it was intended to be, special thanks to Greenmech technical dept for their patient help in problem solving.

I'm a happy man. (And I can keep the TW for smaller work)

Edited by Mountain man