Veg Juicing breakfast

geoff

I've got an Angel 5500 twin gear juicer. Works like a rotary screw compressor and gets VERY high juice yields. Videos on YouTube show it outperforming all comers and you can even take the pulp from my last juicer (Wildcat) which was poop and getting more juice out of the supposedly dry pulp!

It cost me £799 which seems like a lot, but it's food grade stainless, built like a tank will will outlive me without doubt.

I like it because (unlike the wildcat) it handles anything I put in it. Beware, these types of juicers are mainly for hard vegetables like carrot, beetroot, celery etc as well as being exemplary for soft greens like kale and spinach. They are not suited to oranges or large quantities of soft fruit as the juice backs up the fill chute. There is a soft fruit screen available but I just use a Nutri Ninja for smoothies with fruit, as the fibre is the best bit!

For greens, hard veg (serious healthy juices) the angel is the finest money can buy, and is much quicker and easier than the ridiculous Norwalk press which is an overpriced car jack!

People at work mock me for spending nearly a grand on a juicer, but this thing won't end up in the cupboard under the sink, or in the local tip within 12 months.

Juice on, dudes! :)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got one of these for Xmas, It's great and the easiest thing ever to clean.[ATTACH]173122[/ATTACH]

It's a Nutri Ninja, I too had one for Xmas for the days I can't be raffled with the juicer (feeding the produce in, cleaning up afterwards can be quite daunting if you're poor on time or tired).

You won't be able to do the same things with the ninja as yes, it's effectively a blender, but it does make super smooth smoothies which I favour for soft fruits, blueberries and the like.

For the health benefits Joe Cross achieved in Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead, you need to be juicing cruciferous vegetables such as kale, spinach, celery, beets etc. for this you can't beat a twin gear juicer like my Angel 5500.

I'm beginning to sound like these people who tell you you're wasting your time with a woodburner unless it's a Woodwarm or Clearview. Or the folk who say a chainsaw isn't any good unless it's a pro model Husky or Stihl. You know what, in a way we are probably all right.

Do it properly or not at all! :)

One final thought. Avoid the cheapo 'centrifugal' juicers Argos and Currys sell. They don't yield much juice so you're throwing away wet pulp with all the goodness in every time you use it. Also they heat the juice up causing it to oxidise and degrade.

Cold press all the way, with a slow juicer like the Huroms or a twin gear Angel.

Centrifugally pressed (spun) juice is ruined within an hour or so of being made, whereas cold pressed juice can be stored for up to 24 hours in the fridge and still retain most of it's nutrient content.

By the way, I'm not some juice nut or personal trainer type, I just did a LOT of research after my initial bad purchase of the Wildcat.

Whats it like for cleaning. Im in the market for one...Ease of cleaning more important than juicing performance

Just take it into bits and wash, takes 5 mins. Worth it for the amount of juice a masticating juicer gets out.