Vermeer sc252 what teeth?

swinny

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you kimtree!

@Ackworth

I'm very happy with mine. Especially after changing to Multi-Tip. Duals are a must.

Keep in mind that the newer 252s have more electrical tchotchke, each time you leave the levers, the cutterwheel will stop, even at full throttle wearing your clutch. This would annoy me endless, cause I pretty often leave the controls for a few seconds to see whats up on the left of the cutter wheel.

Just 0,02.

There great machines I ve had mine nearly 4 yrs was a ex demo never had much issues. I also have a predator 350 for the small access jobs but do my best to fit the 252 in instead. Have thought about upgrading but don t really do enough stumps to warrant it. I would say get the better machine that's done less work I am Sure it will be cheaper in the long run.

• 2 months later...
so far have not chipped the carbide on the two leading teeth yet .Have ground approx 20 stumps 400mm diameter and 4 stumps over 1000mm

they are excellent for plunging straight through roots

On Palms the multitip teeth would bog down once you grind through to the fiberous roots.on the Alpine Rhino it doesnt slow down at all.Much slimmer profile.

On the laski i am running 6 standard teeth.The dealer here (rayco) also sent 2 wide cutters which i havent used yet.I suspect that they will be too aggressive on the multitip wheel.Alpine Rhino's wheel is much more round like

It does cut with much more force than the multitip and i have had to upgrade some of the guarding

Follow up on these Rhino teeth.Haven't managed to chip the teeth yet and have ground stumps in very rocky ground but after a lot of grinding they will round over.very simple to re sharpen though

the wide cutters have worked out well too.I am running them in the position closest to the centre of the wheel