protect ur mobile phone number

slasherscot

The Directory of Mobile Phone numbers goes live next week. All mobile phone numbers including those belonging to children will be open to cold calling.

Details on how to remove yourself from the new national mobile phone directory are below.

To remove your number go here. The only directory with millions of mobile numbers - 118800

(click on Homepage in the orange balloon and then ex-directory at the top of the page you are taken to. The security code will be sent to your mobile almost immediately).

New mobile phone database with every number in Britain sparks security fears | Mail Online

You may want to forward this message to people who might not want their personal mobile numbers readily available.

The Directory of Mobile Phone numbers goes live next week. All mobile phone numbers including those belonging to children will be open to cold calling.

Why do people never stick to facts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused1:

But than the Daily mail never lets the facts get in the way of a good bit of scaremongering:thumbdown:

The way this ACTUALLY works is, you will receive a text asking you if you are happy for who ever has contacted them for your number to have it, if you don't want them to you just say so,you will be asked each and every time someone enquirers after your number :001_smile:

i advertise my mobile anyway, it is on silent and has been for years now. if i done recognise the number i dont answer. if they leave a message then i will call back when appropriate. surely if your kids have phones they are registered under an adults name.

I also believe there is a slight bit of misleading going on here about kids.

It clearly states on the website quoted, "We have no children in our directory"

Like Huck says would be nice if we could just state the facts!

Edited by 18 stoner

My phone is always on, day and night, and like stevie all calls are usually screened anyway unless I recognise the number... it's the only way to work or some days you'd never be off the phone because of plonkers phoning you wanting something for nothing or trying to sell you something.

Had a good one the other day, an ''eastern'' lady called wanting me to answer questions for a survey so I told her if she made an appointment to talk to me at a more suitable time and was happy to pay a £50 consultancy fee there would be no problem...... she hung up on me!! lol

I remember going though a patch where I was getting about 5 calls a day from Asian speaking people trying to sell me stuff(mobiles, advertising,debt collecting blah blah) anyway got a call from a really strong asian accented woman, couldnt hardly hear what she was saying so I asked if she was trying to sell me a phone or something, she replied with "No, I wanted some tree work doing but I dont think I'll bother now!" :blushing:

Never felt so embarrassed, didnt half feel racist for a bit. :sad: